Back to a trawler - well sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
I enjoyed the speed of a planing boat recently but feel this will be a better fit for the entire family and guests. From cooking, sleeping, exploring, cruising. I have dreamed of these boats since touring the factory back in 08 when we had our first C-Dory, made an offer that was just accepted. Now to survey, sea trial. Looking forward to sharing this with my clients, friends and family.
274524246_10219687618612214_5528954155012345339_n.jpg

I enjoyed the speed of a planing boat recently but feel this will be a better fit for the entire family and guests. From cooking, sleeping, exploring, cruising. I have dreamed of these boats since touring the factory back in 08 when we had our first C-Dory, made an offer that was just accepted. Now to survey, sea trial. Looking forward to sharing this with my clients, friends and family.
274524246_10219687618612214_5528954155012345339_n.jpg

Pretty boat. Can you share some more details about it, and more pics?

I believe I might be exceedingly happy with that boat. Congrats.

However, what will you be using for a barding ladder for that swim platform?

However, what will you be using for a barding ladder for that swim platform?

For that, best with a wooden trellis covered with English Ivy. Should go right up to the balcony.
[emoji56]

Looks like an AT34, just like mine. I can't imagine you not liking it. It will "plane" sort of, if you credit card limit is high enough.

Looks like a winner. My dad was Canadian Armed Forces, received an MBE in WW 2.

Here's the link to the pictures of the boat.
https://tomcomarine-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/jeff_americantugs_com/EicQh45Ro8lGo9JE36llUYMBi7U5hkbSKJ1mH5d3uYseeQ?e=QtsySj
Bow and Stern Thruster
New refrigerator
TV ceiling box
Washer Dryer
Spectra Catalina watermaker
Updated Raymarine electronics (RD418HD, A127 MFD, Ray70 VHF, (Standard Horizon GPS for backup))
Magnum Energy Inverter / Charger
Wood floor in Salon
Upgraded 370 HP engine – 1950 hrs
Northern Lights generator (6kw)
Upper deck crane
10’ tender with new Yamaha 8 hp.
So far, everything seems to be in order. Survey mid March.

Should be easier to maneuver. How’s your dads finger?

Bob, thanks for asking. A little shorter and not quite the same. But we have a story now and part of our adventures in life. It really was quite a journey as he had a blood infection and it nearly cut his life short but ultimately he pulled through. Thank God! He now knows never to put any body part between the boat and a fixed object. And yes, easier to maneuver indeed w/ bow and stern thrusters and a full keel.

What are you sporting now a days?

Sold our big boat and now have this 30’ Willard.

IMG_5909.jpg

Where will you be home ported?

Cool boat Bob. Use to own one myself!
Portland with yearly trips to the San Juans.

Bob Cofer that owned Seafarer?
Where did she go?
Nice looking new boat!

Willard

Hi, Bob - lovely Willard! Classic, durable, a real trawler. The real thing.

Finished surveys, owners are going to address the few items found. Sea Trial, I was a bit concerned with the noise level as sometimes with pilothouse style of boats can have droning from the engine. I am happy to report although you know its there it up to 9 knots it's very quiet. Above that you do hear it but it's tolerable. I love cruising from 7-9 so it's a great fit. She tracks likes she's on rails, a small correction in the helm and she changes course. Close quarter maneuvering is great too. Closing end of the month. Watching the weather around the outside and hoping to use it a few times up in the islands before coming around the outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom