Gyro stab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Dryade
Vessel Make
Trawler 72
Mitsubishi I think remember made first one , also Seakeeper

both expensive and complex for maintenance
After that Quick made a more simple one and now Smartgyro.

Some one here get some experience with this "news" one Quick and Smartgyro ?

For our former Long-Cours 62 Seakeeper made a quotation for us :eek:
and after check our boat and his (too) great stability) said you will need 2 units :facepalm::hide:
[FONT=&quot]http://www.smartgyro.com/[/FONT]

User Circumnavigator here has the largest model Quick on his large steel passagemaker, and unless I am misremembering he was going to put a smaller one in his Downeast-style cruiser.

Mitsubishi I think remember made first one , also Seakeeper

both expensive and complex for maintenance
After that Quick made a more simple one and now Smartgyro.

Some one here get some experience with this "news" one Quick and Smartgyro ?

For our former Long-Cours 62 Seakeeper made a quotation for us :eek:
and after check our boat and his (too) great stability) said you will need 2 units :facepalm::hide:
[FONT=&quot]http://www.smartgyro.com/[/FONT]

New, a boat your size might get one or two, but as a retrofit will almost always take two.

I haven't used Quick but they have a good reputation. As they are an Italian manufacturer, we talked to many who had them when we were in Europe.

Another name to toss out is ARG. They were started by Mitsubishi, now Tohmei. Ferretti started using them about 15 years ago.

Then primarily for larger boats, Veem. They have a great reputation and many rate them above Seakeeper. The problem is that their smallest unit would be right for your boat but if positioning for one unit was impossible as Seakeeper indicated, then they have nothing that would work.

I know nothing about Smartgyro other than that they're owned by Yanmar and they do have one very interesting attribute. The unit can be broken down into four parts for easy fitting through hatches and in small areas for retrofits.

Back
Top Bottom