Solar Panels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bulldog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Growler
Vessel Make
Albin 36 Express Trawler
I have two 175W panels charging my 8D house and start batteries. Controller is a Victron MPPT 100 / 30. I also have a Blue Sea Systems M2 1830 DC State of Charge Monitor. This is where my questions begin.

When fuses are in the fuse holders going to the batteries and the controller, the State of Charge Monitor is saying that I am getting a -3.5 Amp draw out of my batteries. I have changed all three of the fuse holders as well as the controller. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I would start by measuring the solar panel out put one at a time.

Is the solar controller negative lead on the proper side of the shunt for the SOC meter?

Paul, any update.

If the draw on the batteries is -3.5 amps then you are charging them at 3.5 amps.

I have two 175W panels charging my 8D house and start batteries. Controller is a Victron MPPT 100 / 30. I also have a Blue Sea Systems M2 1830 DC State of Charge Monitor. This is where my questions begin.

When fuses are in the fuse holders going to the batteries and the controller, the State of Charge Monitor is saying that I am getting a -3.5 Amp draw out of my batteries. I have changed all three of the fuse holders as well as the controller. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Did this ever work correctly or is this a new problem? Has anything changed?

Who installed this system, you or a pro? Have you checked the wiring diagrams furnished with the equipment to make sure it is wired correctly?

Fuses and fuse holders have nothing to do with this. You didn't need to change them.

You guys are helpful. But, the OP has not been online since Dec 21 and has not posted since August. Early answers probably solved this one. Close this thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom