McMaster-Carr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iggy

Guru
Vessel Make
Pacific Trawler 40
I want to thank McMaster-Carr. I was sent or I ordered the wrong part, a U bolt. The order was placed over a month ago and I was on my boat when I noticed it was wrong. I called them, they were great. They sent out a new one free of charge and I should have it tomorrow.

Great shout out to an incredible company. I've never had an issue or tried returning anything so good to know.

How they manage to deliver all sorts of difficult to source stuff so quickly is amazing. Yes, sometimes expensive, but great selection.

Peter

I have ordered hundreds of thousands of dollars of stuff from McMaster, mostly in small orders. Not once have a received the wrong thing, not once have I been overcharged for shipping. Rarely when something has to be returned there is never a problem (you don't need an RMA, just ship it back). Not once have I received a "special sale offer", not once have I been charged well over manufacturer's list price (a staple of Grainger for example). Nearly always I receive the product the next day, the inventory and delivery times are always accurate.

But I will complain still: they won't tell you the brand of the merchandise.

Other than that, perhaps the best e-tailer of industrial goods on the planet. Website second to none, pricing not the cheapest, not the most expensive, just constantly reasonable, and customer service outstanding.

They are a great company. And they have solid CAD models of nearly anything in the catalog for instant download. The CAD software I use, Soildworks even has a McMaster plugin which will help keep a bill of materials along with the assembly, super useful.
I love the fact I can order before 9am and usually get it later that day, take that Amazon...
Ok, not cheap, but everything they sell is quality stuff. If there is an issue, you can call and talk to a human.
The website has won awards it's so well done.
Rumor has it they are owned by a family in San Diego, I'd like to congratulate them on their success.

For many years I received the coveted 'yellow bible', each time a bit larger.
When they stopped automatically mailing it, I only needed to call and request one.
The previous year's version was passed on to the colleague who most deserved it!

Love McMaster Carr, order today get it tomorrow and they have a huge selection of items from stainless fasteners, motor mounts, stock metals...

I've done a lot of business with McMaster-Carr over the years in the industrial world with great service.

Ditto the above, great company to buy from. Excellent website for ordering.

Another yes to a awesome company. You pay for shipping but well worth the cost, it gets done without excuses. When I worked, I would order the parts by 4pm and have them the next morning.

With McMaster, you pay for shipping but you never overpay for shipping. They do not seem to treat their shipping as a profit center. There are many companies out there making more money on the shipping than they make on the products they sell.

Back
Top Bottom