• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

72' Alloy trawler is back in the market

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If someone interrested by details

of the structure and why I wrote very well built hull .
Below some example from boat built in Nederland from famous or well know boatyard :
First junction between frame and beam as you can see no bracket or just small flat bar. Note spacing of the frame around 450 mm to 500 mm (it was the standard)

Attachments

• jonction barrot menbrure hollandais.JPG
    jonction barrot menbrure hollandais.JPG
    3.2 KB · Views: 206
  • goussets.JPG
    goussets.JPG
    4.4 KB · Views: 211
  • gousset membrures barrots.JPG
    gousset membrures barrots.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 206
  • gousse.JPG
    gousse.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Now jonction from tank plating to frame

As you can see not bracket, no curve between frame and top of the tanks or/and from "varangues" (sorry don't know the terme in English ?) and the front of the tank.
Note I don't criticize this choice ( I already design and built near ( I had more bracket !) the same structure and built two boat. But it is only to show the difference when I wrote "very well built" or " structure designed by Veritas" it means hundred of more bracket and stiffeners added and it is a cost .

Attachments

• jonction varangue face reservoir.JPG
    jonction varangue face reservoir.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 203
  • jonction dessus reservoir membrures.JPG
    jonction dessus reservoir membrures.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 198
Also stiffener on the bulkward

One stiffener or more or even no one.

Attachments

• raidisseurs pavois.JPG
    raidisseurs pavois.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 207
  • lisses pavois.JPG
    lisses pavois.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 207
Now you can see the

difference, all this bracket means less stress in the welding at the junction, more inertia on the bulwark, better repartitions of the "stress" at this junction.
I had an aluminum hull built in very well renowned boatyard and when navigate in the "British" Chanel with wind against current when we hit the wave all the plating "trembling " from the bow to the transom "blom, blom, blom:eek: " and later we had two welding who crack on the deck...

First two photo bracket between "varangue" and tanks (of course in the tank, front of the bracket you have a bulkhead .
Third photo ( turn it 90 left :facepalm:) type of junction between frame and beam
Fourth photo junction of frame and top of the tank (of course at the same place than the inside bulkhead)
5 example of stiffener everywhere
6 example of welding.
The total aluminium weight it is around 20000 kgs
In France 2 year ago to built a hull ( basic one no curve, near no stiffener at all Meta type "stongall" the cost per kg was around 43€ per kgs.
AND with "basic" 5083 or 5086 the "sealium" used in the Pacific is ...25% more expansive than the 5083 or 5083. We could arrive at 46 € ttc per kg ?
With an another "trawler" addict we contacted boatyard outside CE for cheaper price for 7500 kgs they replied 185000€ without taxe:nonono::mad:

Not again it is not for criticize the simplest way used to built by some ( if not all ) boatyard, only to show what it means "structure designed by VERITAS" and what I mind when I wrote "very well built hull".

Attachments

• 100_1969 - Copie.JPG
    100_1969 - Copie.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_1970 - Copie.jpg
    100_1970 - Copie.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230219_170300.jpg
    20230219_170300.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230219_165848.jpg
    20230219_165848.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230220_164346.jpg
    20230220_164346.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230219_165919.jpg
    20230219_165919.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 18
Unfortunately :
- our is not yet sold :)
- the "smaller one" is gone, the owner got a better offer ...
No more "hurry" for sale the actual.
We will make some photo of some area below wl line where we remove paint to do some ultrasonic check always 7.90mm/7.85mm it is normal thickness start from 8 mm plate they grinding/sanding their to do the painting process.

Some ultra sonic

On starboard.
Oups when send became "upside down " :) Of course the thickness is not 0.8 but 8.0 :)

Attachments

• 20240313_112451.jpg
    20240313_112451.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Another

in bowthruster tube, on the side, around the area of the stainless steel stab Vetus, ( the 15.7 mm is for the plate of the stab.)Ok the ultra sonic material is the very basic one but accurate enough and adjust before on a new 8 mm plate.

Attachments

• 20240313_112643.jpg
    20240313_112643.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240313_112613 (2).jpg
    20240313_112613 (2).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240313_112845.jpg
    20240313_112845.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240313_113000.jpg
    20240313_113000.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240313_113114.jpg
    20240313_113114.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240313_113230.jpg
    20240313_113230.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240313_113431.jpg
    20240313_113431.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240313_113544.jpg
    20240313_113544.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 14
Our Vietnamese "baby"

Come back on the market, now she is 31 year old and pass in different ownership who change her a lot...:mad:( huge bowsprit, remove our so convivial table ( 2mx1m able to receive lot of friend), cut cabin in two cabin, destroy a nice forward toilette, built an ugly/heavy ( but useful ) deck salon, black paint hull ( 4em owner) after blue deck ( second owner) ...etc

We got an proposition from the actual owner ... may be it could be an interesting choice for us to go smaller and use her more like a motor sailor.
A colleague will go to visit her ( because some "heart trouble" during the last 2 week don't allow me to traveling for the moment:blush:

All that to say if someone interested by our trawler : offer are welcome !!
Until this opportunity is gone ...again :nonono:

Oaristys 1993 Hebe Haven 1993
Oaristys Hebe Haven 2009
Oaristys 2013
Oaristys 2024

Attachments

• Captuoaristys.JPG
    Captuoaristys.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 24
  • oaristys-2009-jpg.jpg
    oaristys-2009-jpg.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 24
  • aaaaa (2).jpg
    aaaaa (2).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20240210-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240210-WA0002.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
This maybe rude. If so I apologize. It looks like a well maintained, thoughtfully outfitted and beautiful boat. I would think it would sell very quickly at a good price for the seller. Why do you think that hasn’t happened? If I was in your area I’d give serious thought to buying her. Have you gotten any feedback suggesting why?

This maybe rude. If so I apologize. It looks like a well maintained, thoughtfully outfitted and beautiful boat. I would think it would sell very quickly at a good price for the seller. Why do you think that hasn’t happened? If I was in your area I’d give serious thought to buying her. Have you gotten any feedback suggesting why?
To be honest I really don't understand why she don't sell .
OK she need à paint job and some minor thing.
But she is really like the photo.
First one colleague suggest to me the price is "too low," and People who read advertising thinking : where is the problem" (I have the same réaction when I see a boat far below the " normal" asking price :) )
We made an average price/year/size on all trawler we found on yachtworld (ok It was during the covid) we found 975000€(asking price of course), 2001 year and 19,25m size....At this moment we got an offer at...300000€.Ok we are seller but not at this level :-(. Finally this customer bought à little smaller one , In steel, 17 year older, with engine more than 2 time smaller (6 liter) and maybe 5 to 6 more thousand hour for 400000€.
The second potential buyer came on board took hundred photo, look everywhere, made film (thank to him it is the film of arrangements you can watch) say he is very interrested Phone to us even at night said : don't sale her I am interested, he got problem in his famille (à close parent became seak)and no New until I ask for the film. He wanted something like à trawler and finally bought something totally différent older and bigger Italian motoryacht , but it was in his area, don't need to make 3000nm.
We had also some 'tourist' who came for visit, some came and said : I want put tender lift plate-forme, I want put jaccuzy etc etc and you must decrease the price of the value of what I want fit " :).
Really don't understand,. My friend broker say actually 'small' boat don't sale
Smaller and cheaper than our we can see some 'sale pending' .But he explain the big or very big one still have customer, but not the mid size in our range of price .
Actually we are listed at 595000€, it is half the price of à smaller Selene or à De Alm.(ok they are both in perfect cosmetic condition, not our but half the price !?).
For witch reason she is not already sold ?
The wife of the first potential wanted teck deck, and when I sold (or try :) ) I say honestly what it is good and what need attention, we became friend we this customer ( because we made free after sale service...on the another boat he bought it was is first boat and he needed some help) and his wife said : when we left your boat my husband said : he don't want sale his boat because he said all thing who need attention" When they visit the another one they said nothing concerning all problem, bring them to the restaurant, speak à lot...they sign.
Il am not at all à seller I am à former seamen :)
For the second one, he want make lot of change because he live in very cold place (rigide structure on the fly, more insulation, heater...) he had problem in his family and also first he thinking he could bring the boat by canal to the Baltic after I said to him it was not possible ( or move to Black sea, Danube, Main Rhin etc...) he change.
If I was à seller I will say that after he paid :)

Last edited:
Still nobody interested by our trawler ?
Because we must make soon ( even ...must be done ...last week ) decision, confirm or not the buy of our former Vietnamese's baby.
Open to all (reasonable) offer ...

Attachments

• Bizerte.jpeg
    Bizerte.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 27
For the moment the last offer we got was not "reasonable " for us 325000 :-(.
If nobody interested it seams we will miss the opportunity to buy back (again !:) ) our Vietnamese baby

I love aluminum! I wish more trawlers were made from Aluminum. What I have found is that most aluminum trawler types that are made from aluminum are also made for speed (due to light weight of aluminum). That means huge engines, which then translates to huge fuel bills. I don't want to pay the fuel bill for 1400hp and I don't want to harm these big engines by running them at a low rpm if these engines are not electronically fuel injected. If these engines are electronically fuel injected, I would definitely state that in the add along with the fuel burn at trawler speeds. My two cents....

This C12 are electronically injecter.
But not only aluminium "trawler" was made for speed over the hull speed : Grand Banks,Swift, Nordic Tug, Rhea, Fleming, Adagio...etc All this fiberglass "trawler" have more hp per T than our.
I contacted Cat to rated our 700 hp tp 350 hp ( like the commercial C12)
Their answer was : Why ? Just do at less rpm.
And whe. I asked for potential problem to run at louer rpm, their answer was : no problem !.
Hoppe they know their product :).
Anyway this we we will be on our ...Vietnamiese "baby" to buy back her.
After that our trawler will be "open an offer" for 3 month.
After 3 month, if the trawler will not be sold...we will sold again ( for the third time !!!) our Vietnamiese to à friend who dream on her since 2009.

I would add the electronic fuel injection to the add along with fuel burn rates to help sell the boat. The engine is one of the main selling points I look at when buying a boat. What you stated above about contacting Cat and there advice, completely changed my impression of your boat. The icing on the cake would be a low fuel burn around 8 knots. Any idea?

We don't check at 8 kts

At 7,50 kts it was 2 liter per nm it is around 1.89 nmpg checked on a crossing of 140 nm

At 9,85 kts it was 3,85 liter per nm it's around 0.983 nmpg checked on a cross of 240nm

We don't check at 8 kts

At 7,50 kts it was 2 liter per nm it is around 1.89 nmpg checked on a crossing of 140 nm

At 9,85 kts it was 3,85 liter per nm it's around 0.983 nmpg checked on a cross of 240nm
So 140 nm at 1.89 nmpg (7.5kts) equals 264.6 gallons. 2 liters per nm equals 280 liters or 73.96 gallons total. Im guessing the 73 gallons is the correct total for 140 nm. If so, your burning around 4 gallons (15 liters) an hour for both engines, which is very impressive if my math is right.

On 140 nm at 7,5 kts we was only on one engine running at 1100 rpm !!
Fresh bottom paint, and full of equipment, tool, water but remain "only" 3500 liter of diesel in the tank It means we was at an average of 58 T
We fill 5.8 m3 of diesel in Tunisia, now remain around 7m3 and our actual weight around 60 T
We already removed... 1000 kg of...things for example 150 kg for one professionnal MIG welding machin and lot of lot of things who was here ..."Just in case" :)
For reach 8kts on one engine it is 1200 rpm but dont do that long enought to check the consumption.

One engine-very interesting. I've been debating a locking mechanism for the shaft for the sole purpose of saving fuel and running one engine at a time to fully load the engine at lower speeds. Did you lock the shaft on the non-running engine, or is your transmission able to circulate water to keep it cool when the shaft spins freely?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom