Replacing fuel tank on CHB34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick F

Guru
Vessel Name
Callisto
Vessel Make
1974 Grand Banks 42 Classic, Hull 433
I am just finishing replacing my starboard tank and thought I would record the details. I attach 2 files - one dealing with cutting up the old tank in order to remove it and the other on fabricating and installing a new tank.
I hope some fellow owners find this of some use.
Best regards,
Nick Fletcher

Attachments

• Cutting up CHB34 fuel tank Rev1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
  • CHB34 Fuel Tank Replacement Rev0.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 135
Nick,

Thanks for going through all the effort to document your tank replacement. It will make a great resource for anyone needing to make the tank change in the future.

Nick,

Excellent write up with lots of detail of the work done, why the decisions were made and the results.

Clark

Great project, detailed description.

good job. This kind of information is invaluable on a forum. It will be here forever.

Nick
Really appreciate you taking the time to create such a detailed resource for CHB 34 owners. I have filed both documents away for future reference. Hope however that I never have to use them!
Thanks
Doug

I was just discussing this problem with my brother in law today.

Thanks very much to all for posting this information, fantastic resource.

Nice documentation. This is a very common problem in the boating world.

pete

I am able to download them. Does anyone else have this problem?

(sent by email)

Mike ,

P.M. Nick. THat will allow you to send a sort of Email which will go to his Email address. Through here if he does not look at this particular post he will not be aware of it.

Click on his moniker and a box will open up to allow you to send him a PM

If you wish more communication then send your email address also or ask him to come back to this post. Any longwinded discussion are better through Email B UT and is a big but no one else will learn anything.

Back
Top Bottom