Merry Christmas to all my TF Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merry Christmas to everyone, and a peaceful New Year!

We had our Christmas morning Skype with the grandkids an hour ago, as it is tomorrow morning already in Japan. Also got a photo of the kids on Santa's lap, as he had time to stop late last night while in Japan.
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone,

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 20
Merry xmas to you all!
Special thought for those who cannot visit family in these strange times or are alone.
Best wishes to you all.

L
I forgot to mention my thoughts for all of those who are working tonight to keep us running whoever they are, healthcare workers ( like my admiral), firemen, rail traffic controllers and so on.
Respect to all of you!

L

I forgot to mention my thoughts for all of those who are working tonight to keep us running whoever they are, healthcare workers ( like my admiral), firemen, rail traffic controllers and so on.
Respect to all of you!

L

Yes. Thanks so much for that shout out to the people keeping things running. Unsung heroes .

Merry Christmas from the crew of the MV Manitowoc!

Attachments

• Sinterklaus.jpg
    Sinterklaus.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 26
Another one from Malmö. Öresundbron - the bridge connecting Sweden to Denmark. Resplendent in Christmas colors!

2nd picture is the same view today, Christmas day. The first sun we’ve seen in weeks! Not a flake of snow To be seen anywhere :-(

Attachments

• 44BF8227-7B4C-467F-9AB4-16D0CD369F75.jpg
    44BF8227-7B4C-467F-9AB4-16D0CD369F75.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 21
  • 719945D5-E362-4AB7-B75D-DA64AAEDB908.jpg
    719945D5-E362-4AB7-B75D-DA64AAEDB908.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Wifey B: GFC's post was enough to make this holiday special. While I think of all those struggling, I also had the always most marvelous Holiday with 120 kids at the orphanage and broke no rules. To see how joyous they are even though they haven't been allowed to leave the properties in over 9 months or to have contact with others. How did we do it? They built us bubbles. Plexiglass containers with four sides and tops and wheels, just large enough for a person. To think they did that so we could be among them. Worked incredibly well too and they added more for returning alumni who came today. We took our meals outside and alone. They've been our joy of 20 straight holidays and yes, Merry Christmas, but all the other celebratory banners and symbols there too and they understand all the religious recognitions and respect them all as well as the non-religious recognitions. They are the true spirit about holidays and all still believe in Santa Claus, because they're smart enough to know the presents from Santa Claus stop if they ever speak a word in front of the other kids to the contrary. Shopping for Santa Claus this year was a let down, doing so online and not pushing dozens of shopping carts through stores, but the moment we saw their joy, all was well. See, to me, Christmas and the Holidays are all about kids. :D

We got started with the orphanage our first year together. Seeing all the decorations and toys in stores made us a bit "bah humbug". Big deal, we had no kids, so who cared. But then we saw an open house Sunday sign at the orphanage and decided to go. We met the kids and fell in love. We asked the headmistress about Christmas and she invited us. We asked what we could bring and she told us nothing. We asked the younger kids and they showed us how they sure wish Santa would bring new playground equipment as it was really in bad shape. Only as we started ordering it did we find out the cost. A tented enclosure was erected over the old and it removed and the new snuck in late Christmas Eve by an incredible supplier. Then bows and ribbons and then someone saw a card that Santa had been outdoors. We watched their joy that Santa has left it. One who remembered telling us asked me if we told Santa. I giggled and said, "Yes, I sat in his lap and whispered but never imagined he'd do it. I think he already knew though, somehow." Best Christmas of my life. That and all since. :dance:

Almost to our family in Myrtle Beach now, but even my niece, Aurora, who I love with all my heart waits until after the orphanage. Oh and our Christmas at home in Fort Lauderdale will be Sunday. All our family and friends there have to wait. They know the kids at the orphanage come first. :)

And life is good and we truly are the luckiest couple in the universe. :D

WifeyB.

This is absolutely awesome. My bride and I do things on a much smaller scale but we have one rule. NO ONE can know who did it! It is so rewarding to help others. It is not about us. It is about helping others. We are indeed blessed and life is indeed very good

John

I did a 1500 mile drive to fetch my daughter and her giant dog from Michigan. First time since last year she has been able to get here. Was able to get in brief visit we my 85 yo mom (outside) and a day w my other daughter. Doing the return trip Tuesday-up/Wednesday-back to bring her home. It’s an exhausting drive but felt it was important.

I did a 1500 mile drive to fetch my daughter and her giant dog from Michigan. First time since last year she has been able to get here. Was able to get in brief visit we my 85 yo mom (outside) and a day w my other daughter. Doing the return trip Tuesday-up/Wednesday-back to bring her home. It’s an exhausting drive but felt it was important.

Boy that is a long trip (having done it in past years to my parents in CT from South Dakota). We did decide to fly to a family gathering in South Carolina for Thanksgiving last month and I have to say, the planes were cleaner than I ever remember and smelled like hospital wards (which I don't say as a bad thing). I have always been disgusted by planes and the gross things I've seen people do on planes, but for what it's worth for future reference, I was impressed at the difference.

Back
Top Bottom