ID required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

addept

Hello :)

I am looking at one boat which I am hoping is at this moment an ugly duckling that just needs a little love and care in order to have summer spot for my family. It is for sale - paperwork is reported in order and boat is registered with local Port Authority.

From info I gathered searching around it seems to be a CHB trawler - pictures from ad in link below.

https://www.njuskalo.hr/motorni-brodovi/taiwan-trawler-oglas-37302379

I arranged visit in two weeks but we do not have surveyor experienced in these boat types here. I do have considerable amount of experience with boats and ships in general but not with this type, what particularities to look for, etc etc. Hence, asking here :)

Any info or advise is more than welcome. Thank you.

This should prove useful: CHB BUYERS GUIDE

My boat looks very similar to yours, mine by C&L. There are the usual first places to look, soft decks below the teak desking, window leaks etc. Wonder how cramped the engine room is, mine is a single and requires some contortions. Oh, and fuel tanks, that's a big ticket item if needing replacement.

Good luck!

Greetings,
Mr. a. Looks like some SERIOUS leakage from that port (window) in the second last picture. I'm not familiar with CHB's specifically BUT the house may be wood (plywood) with a thin sheath of fiberglass covering. Some of the newer Taiwan trawlers have all fiberglass houses with minimal wood structure underneath. IF the windows are leaking as badly as the one I mentioned is, you could have bad rot throughout. Be VERY careful.

Back
Top Bottom