Perkins Sabre M135 Zinc anodes and camshaft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Happy Frog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Manaatti
Vessel Make
Nauticat 44 2006
Hi, I am rying to learn more about the 2006 Perkins Sabre 135 in my new boat. Two questions: 1) there doesn’t seem to be any zinc anodes in the engine, is that right? Instead the engine seems to be connected to the general bonding of the boat. 2) Is the camshaft driven by gear? There doesn’t seem to be any chain or belt.

I have been very happy with the engine, small coolant leak from the coolant tank but otherwise great. About 2500 hours, runs like sewing machine and doesn’t spend any oil.:)

Happy
There are no zincs if HXers are the original Cupro Nickel. The LDPE coolant tank needs replacing if the leak is from the thru tank bolt hole areas. Otherwise JB Weld can work for awhile if leak is along one of the visible seams. TAD can get you a new tank.

Thanks. Evidently the tank leaks thru tank bolt holes, quite surprisingly. Took some time to figure that out.

All metal, especially in salt water needs protection. I add zincs to engines that don't have them.

Thanks. Evidently the tank leaks thru tank bolt holes, quite surprisingly. Took some time to figure that out.

I've sailed out of Helsinki and in the Sea of Bothnia. It is one of my favorite international cruising locales given the myriad of islands and normally calm waters. You're in a great place and wonderful country.

Back
Top Bottom