New to Grand Banks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone, I've posted a couple of questions since joining. Bought my GB 42 back in Nov 2023. Have only recently picked her up and marina hopped along the South Coast of the UK to her new home in Plymouth, UK.
I'll try and attach a short video of part of that trip - just going over some over-falls. Things got much worse a few miles on with 3 to 5 m (10 to 15ft) waves. She behaved incredibly well and coped far better than I expected. She's been on the hard for 2 years with full fuel tanks so I was concerned that such turbulence would stir up all sorts of horrors from the bottom of the fuel tank, but so far the glasses are still clear!
Ah, videos not allowed, sorry.

Couldn't post a video so here's a shot of Weymouth, UK at night instead.

Attachments

• 20240425_204136.jpg
    20240425_204136.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 26
Those were nasty conditions!

You can post the video in YouTube or the like and share the link here.

I would say that your previous owner, must have done something right with fuel treatment in addition to the full tanks.

Hi everyone, I've posted a couple of questions since joining. Bought my GB 42 back in Nov 2023. Have only recently picked her up and marina hopped along the South Coast of the UK to her new home in Plymouth, UK.
I'll try and attach a short video of part of that trip - just going over some over-falls. Things got much worse a few miles on with 3 to 5 m (10 to 15ft) waves. She behaved incredibly well and coped far better than I expected. She's been on the hard for 2 years with full fuel tanks so I was concerned that such turbulence would stir up all sorts of horrors from the bottom of the fuel tank, but so far the glasses are still clear!
Ah, videos not allowed, sorry.
I bought my GB36 in 2020. During sea trials the broker asked what I wanted to do. There was 20-25kt with gusts higher and 4-6 ft chop. I told him that I wanted top go upwind at full throttle for 5 minutes. She just plowed on through. They have have little reserve buoyancy in the bow which makes them able to plow through better but it is also why they are a "wet" boat.

Back
Top Bottom