View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djpat View Post
Hello All!
I am not sure where to begin... I have been boating all of my adult life and have owned many boats. All around 20-22 ft. My wife and I have 2 young children age 6 & 3 and one on the way. The Fun is just beginning! We live on a lake and ski and tube so thats why we have a boat that is size appropriate for our lake. However, our goal is to have a bigger boat also that we can overnight! Camp if you will. I have been so completely torn about what to do. As we all know there is no perfect boat to do everything!
I enjoy fishing but it seems as though in this stage of life with the younger kids that my fishing poles just hate me. The good news I still love being on the water. And as a family were are content with island hopping and cruising around (even if trawl'n). We have looked at many boats: cabin cruisers, older motor yachts, trawlers, sedans, expresses, convertibles, even houseboats. We have looked at several older silvertons. What i keep coming back to the cost of running them and maintenance. My favorite style of boat esthetically is the ultimate sexy sportfisher/convertible. However there are some sexy trawlers out there as well and know that there very economical to run. I believe that we could make a forward berth and bunk beds style set up work. May be the pull out sleeper couch as well.
I would like to know from you guys what type of boat and which direction or style , manufacture would you recommend? We would like to be around 32-40 ft.
Where do you intend to keep and use this boat?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote