Where to list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PMF1984

Guru
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
I worked on a lobster boat back in 1974. It was a wooden 26 footer built by John McCoo in Mattapoisett. Every couple of days we would pump out the boat with a hand pump. It was just like the one in the picture.

So this is not really something that is of use to me or any Trawler folks as it is not really something that would keep your boat afloat.

Is there some group of folks that would be interested in this somewhere in the boating universe. I tried Facebook Marketplace, no hit's.

I hate to take it to a junk yard for the brass.

Attachments

• wc pump-1.jpg
    wc pump-1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 20
  • wc pump-3.jpg
    wc pump-3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 19
  • wc pump-2.jpg
    wc pump-2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 16
scrap

Yeah but I'd like to believe its more than scrap, and not sure its "just the thing."

Just trying to find out where to reach out to the "just the thing" crowd.

Those old foot valve pumps were standard for years and with greased seals would handle 1/2 gal a stroke or more depending. They are however much to big for a tender as they require a fairly deep bilge. That is probably an old Wilcox Crittenden pump.

Rick

Yeah but I'd like to believe its more than scrap, and not sure its "just the thing."

Just trying to find out where to reach out to the "just the thing" crowd.

Put it on Ebay....

Maybe reach out to the NW Maritime Center in Port Townsend. They may know of someone with a classic boat or doing a restoration that would be interested in a piece of "antique" gear.

Also: forum.woodenboat.com

I'll buy it, what do you want for it?

Ted

Last edited:
Donate to Antique Boat Museum in Clayton NY or Finger Lakes Boat Museum in Hammobdsport NY would be the first 2 places I'd contact.
Probably a better donation $ write off; than scrap $ and it might go to a good cause.

Wondering do you have the strum for the pump

Rick

Back
Top Bottom