Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #1

City: Bremerton
Tacoma Trawler

Hello all, I have been lurking around the forum for the past several month's and finally decided to register and make my presence known.
My wife and I are live aboard supporters (stay on the boat a few nights a week) down on the Foss waterway in Tacoma Washington. We are interested in meeting and cruising with other boaters from the area and are very excited for the upcoming boating season. We were previously sailboat owners and are now dabbling on the "dark side" with a 40' roberts trawler. I have searched both the web and this side for countless hours in search of more information on our boat but have had little success. If anyone has info on the robert's boats I would greatly appreciate it.
The boat was a gift from my wife's grandfather and it's life is fairly well documented in the paperwork we found on the boat. She had sat unused in LaConner for over 10yrs when we brought her to her new home. This past year has been a very exciting crash course in "big" boat ownership...so many new systems to learn and maintain!
Here's to meeting new friends and fellow trawler enthusiasts! I love how large the living space is in the boat, but the only thing missing is a sail...oh well I guess I'll have to get my sailing fix in on other people's boats
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0773.jpg   IMG_0848.jpg  
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
Guru

City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser
Congratulations on your wife's choice of grandfather. I wasn't so fortunate.
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

City: Chicago/Demopolis
Vessel Name: Kelly Anne
Vessel Model: Custom 44' Bruce Roberts
Welcome. We are new as well. Just purchased a Bruce Roberts 44' trawler. We are also learning.
temple1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #5

City: Boston
Nice looking boat. Enjoy.
jahillsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

City: St. Marks, Florida
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36
Welcome aboard! I also moved up (or down, or sideways, depending upon one's point of view) from a sailboat to a trawler, so know where you are coming from. And your boat appears to have a sail on it, so perhaps you can do like I do from time to time and just raise it for old times sake. :-)

John
jwnall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Welcome TT,
I too looked at a Roberts Trawler w GM 4-53 power. Like it a lot and saw quite a few Roberts fishboats while living in Alaska these last 6 years. The pictured one was in Petersburg owned by an amazing man that gave little speeches to tourists at the floats. The Roberts boat has a very good reputation among fishermen and is usually employed as a gillnetter.

We live now in Concrete and plan on spending time later this summer in the south sound. I'll remember where you are.
Attached Thumbnails
all to 12-15-09 481 copy.jpg  

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Guru

City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
Welcome aboard! Since you are in the Tacoma area, perhaps you might be interested in Trawler Time, April 19-21 at Dock Street Marina. It's an annual gathering of Puget Sound area trawler owners (this will be the 3rd or 4th event) and they will have speakers on a variety of topics. It's a nice way to network with other trawler owners and learn new things. Evidently it was founded on the notion that TrawlerFest has become too commercialized. We'll be going this year and speaking about our adventures living and working aboard while producing video cruising guides in the San Juan Islands.
https://www.theboatgeeks.com
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #9

City: rice
welcome
FFishing is offline   Reply With Quote