New to us, 1985 Ocean Alexander 38

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NStenger

Vessel Name
Remedy
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38
Hello everyone,

New to the forum as my wife and I just closed today on a 1985 Ocean Alexander 38 double cabin. This is our fourth boat but our first trawler.

Looking forward to seeing what advice the forum has to offer as things need maintenance. I found them to be pretty handy with some of my previous boats.

Nate and Dana Stenger

If you have had previous boats you are well on your way to understanding maintenance. Trawlers are basically no different than any other boat in that respect.

If you are coming from the sailing world you need to be aware that the flat decks on trawlers often develop leaks. Find then and fix them.

pete

Hello everyone,

New to the forum as my wife and I just closed today on a 1985 Ocean Alexander 38 double cabin. This is our fourth boat but our first trawler.

Looking forward to seeing what advice the forum has to offer as things need maintenance. I found them to be pretty handy with some of my previous boats.

Nate and Dana Stenger
So..how is it going with the new boat?! My husband and I are looking at the same boat in Alaska. An 85 Ocean Alexander Double Cabin. We are in SC Alaska and the boat is in SE so we are flying down to go see if we think its worth getting a survey done. Any knowledge you could share would be very appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230917_173948_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230917_173948_Facebook.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 23
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your search.

How’s the OA ? I’m possibly buying a 1985 40’ . curious if you’ve encountered anything unexpected or just routine maintenance items … do you know what type of diesel tanks used on yours ? Aluminum?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom