Salt water strainer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Lady Rebel
Vessel Make
CHB 34’ tri-cabin
Hello members.
I just had the thru hull valve replaced due to a restriction caused by Electrolysis
I am adding a inline strainer finally on a 40 year old CHB
I have monitoring conversations online
They never installed vented loops back then
I am going to mount it as low as possible to hopefully be at or below the water line
She is a 1983 tri cabin 34’ CHB
I refer to the aft head as the “Queens Throne”
Have any other CHB owners gone thru this upgrade?

Thanks , Mitch
Alamitos Bay,Ca.

Is this strainer for the engine cooling sea water? If so you don’t want a vented loop. You want the sea water pump to prime immediately.

Welcome to the Forum, and I've moved your thread to an area more specific to your needs. :flowers:

Not exactly sure where you are planning on adding a vented loop. I believe they are usually on discharge lines that overboard closer to the waterline.

If the objective is to prevent back flooding into the engine through the exhaust / mixing elbow, it's better to place a break between the heat exchanger and the exhaust elbow. By mounting the loop near the ceiling of the engine room, no valve is required. Only a vent line draining above the water line is required.

Ted

Mitch,
You need to clear up some confusion. Where is all of this going? What is the specific purpose?
What you have offered could be the raw water engine intake, the toilet intake of some other piece of equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom