No more complaining of ICW currents for me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boomerang

Guru
Vessel Name
Wandering Star
Vessel Make
PSN40

I've got to give it to these guys, they might not pick the best time to make a pass & they may be a wee bit overloaded but they sure can handle their single engine, underpowered vessels! One even does better steering with his feet than a lot of folks can do with their hands!
If they can handle this, I guess we should be able to negotiate Elliott Cut & Hell Gate with our boat...:eek:

Much better to be against it than with it when is is that narrow and running that hard.

I liked the guy in the hammock.

Judging by the bits of wood, broken leafy branches, and lack of a high water stain on the wall opposite, they could just wait a few hours and the water level should drop...unless it's still raining hard somewhere upstream.

Wasn't that a woman and her baby in the hammock?

Must not happen very often, or I'd expect to see some enterprising 'tug boat' operator willing to send a line through for a modest fee.

I enjoy watching the Vietnamese rebuilding diesel engines and building wooden boats on the same channel. Considering what they have to work with, those guys are ingenious.

Go to that youtube channel. Apparently this is business as usual. Check out this video. Boats backed up miles long forcing their way through. Then some guy tries to tow a flat barge through and sinks the boat. Then everyone proceeds to practically run them over trying to continue to get through. I am going to remember this video next time I'm nervous due to docking in a bit of wind.

Sure we`ve seen these before. Still good. Reminds me how much I miss stopovers in VN between Europe.

Sure we`ve seen these before. Still good. Reminds me how much I miss stopovers in VN between Europe.

No, "we" haven't seen these videos before. You have but I haven't so I posted to share with those that also haven't! I found them interesting.

Thanks for posting, never seen these before, entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom