New Yanmar outboard diesel- perfect for TT35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In general:

Boats with diesel mains have diesel gens
Some gas boats have gas gens
Some gas boats have diesel gens, for longer run time and lower CO risk.

I love the outboard concept, and hope it's a success.

Some of us may not be customers right away, but could be down the line. I'd MUCH rather have an OB than and IB or sterndrive, but they are extremely rare on our kind of boats.

They free up the engine room, and you can make that into a basement, fairly easy to open up for maintenance access, and if they just blow up, much easier to hoist off the boat and add a new one.

Plus you can get the prop out of the water for barnacle protection and they have VERY GOOD shallow water options.

Lots of benefits.

But, we'll see.

I think the military "universal fuel" (Diesel or JP) engines that use direct injection and a spark ignition , mostly based on gassers , will be lighter, quieter and far cheaper to build.

Diesel Weight is always a big hassle.

Engines based on gassers , built in the tens of thousands, will have long ago amortized their construction costs.

With the counter rotating cranks high speed vibration will probably be quite low. But this is still a two cylinder engine so w any load on the engine low speed vibration may be very noticeable.

How deep do the props need to be on aft end of a 35' displacement boat to avoid ventilation? For, lets say, 4' head or following seas?

Back
Top Bottom