New Force 10 Electric Stove for my '84 Grand Banks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JESSEDIVER49

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42
I need to replace my old electric stove on my '84 Grand Banks and want to stay with 110v electric. I am about to pull the trigger on a Force 10 Gimballed Electric Range with Broiler Model F65335 but now see on West Marine site they no longer carry this product (Defender does but their website is down right now). I am now wondering if there has been problems with this product. One reason why I like it is the cut-out requirements are a perfect fit for what I have currently in the cabinet. For anyone have this oven-stove, can you tell me if it's a good choice?

I have seen some problems with it on the forum, but no more than other ones it seems. I am probably going to eventually put one in our boat. It looked like the best one as far as the feedback I have seen. I called Defender this morning and they looked up a price for me manually. So if you call you can probably get the price.

We replaced our Princess range with a Force 10. We are very happy with it. If you are replacing a princess you will also need to get a conversion (?) kit. Have you tried Sure Marine in Seattle?

To bad this isn't a year ago. I pulled a F10 electric out of my boat which was like new, hardly used. Gave it away.

We replaced our Princess range with a Force 10. We are very happy with it. If you are replacing a princess you will also need to get a conversion (?) kit. Have you tried Sure Marine in Seattle?

Ditto Tom, I did the same and it has worked out fine. The Princess cutout fits the Force 10 exactly. Also bought mine from Sure Marine.

If the Princess fit, the Force 10 will fit perfectly.
The oven thermostat still sucks. Lower the oven temp about 25F and for cookie and biscuits use Air Bake cookie sheets.

If the Princess fit, the Force 10 will fit perfectly.
The oven thermostat still sucks. Lower the oven temp about 25F and for cookie and biscuits use Air Bake cookie sheets.
Yeah still a 110vAC oven. You have to "flip" biscuits

Yeah still a 110vAC oven. You have to "flip" biscuits

The Air Bake cookie sheets will help with that, a little bit. (Bed Bath and Beyond.) Keep the two smaller sheets and "award" the larger sheet to someone with a real oven.

Back
Top Bottom