Mast Routing on a GB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floatingmick

Veteran Member
I am adding a wifi booster to my mast on a Grand Banks 46, I am wondering how to access the cord bundle once it passes from the mast to the cabin roof. I have investigated our master closet looking for an access panel and haven't found anything. I assume this is a fairly easy thing once you know how it is done. Appreciate any input from GB owners. Thanks!

All my mast “stuff” is in PVC between the base of the mast and the saloon headliner. The end of my PVC run terminates in the head dash above the front windows. Pull down the equipment access doors and you’ll see it. You can also access it by crawling under the dash from the FB. We keep a cord in there that we can use to pull wires back and forth. I assume the GB46 is similar to the GB42. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, just assumed that there must be an access point where it drops into the main cabin, but seems I was mistaken. Next time I head up to it, I'll check the access panel above the helm. Thanks!

any chance there is a piece of old rope or cord visible at the access panel to help pull your cable? Otherwise, you may be in for a bigger job than you planned unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom