keypower stabilizer install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoyed your series of posts, the story, and the photos. Thank you for sharing.

Impressive bit of work you accomplished!

If I recall correctly, your hydraulic pump runs off an engine PTO? You have probably already done this, but be sure to keep the original PTO cover and bolts so you can easily remove the pump and cover the PTO pad. If you have any sort of major hydraulic failure, or even just a loss of fluid, you need to stop turning the pump, and the only way to do that is to decouple it from the engine. A lot of people zip tie the cover plate to the hydraulic hose right by the pump.

Good luck with the sea trial!

Good advise. Since i have a pto adapter the cover is larger then a two pto so i ourchased an SAE A pad cover so as you say if the pump needs to come off i have a cover since its oil lubed.I also have the original cover for the pto. I am going to make a rack to store the locking pins for the fins and also have the a pad cover bolted to that rack. I dont want to have stuff rolling around so making specific racks work better for me then trying to remember which drawer.

Good job! Looks like a super clean install, and you got it done fast.

It would be a great education for the forum if you could document the results. With fins you can do this because they can be switched on and off in the same sea state. I could not do that with the rolling chocks because it take a haul out and a couple of days work to turn them on and off :).

There are a few cell phone apps which record an artificial horizon, some are easily fooled by combined motion but some are pretty good. On iOS one called SCraMP seems like one of the best, very stable, and written for just this purpose. I believe it is free.

I'd love to see what the average reduction in amplitudes and accelerations is.

I still need to tweak the settings and play with the response times. So far the wife noticed when we were in some snotty weather ,and when i got back in my neighbor ask if small craft advisories were still in place, we didnt have stuff sliding off the counters or sliding across the floor. I was going to set up my go-pro to show a on-off result. Your right in that this information is helpful which is why i tried to detail the process .I didnt find a lot of info out there when i was doing research.

It would be a great education for the forum if you could document the results. With fins you can do this because they can be switched on and off in the same sea state. I could not do that with the rolling chocks because it take a haul out and a couple of days work to turn them on and off :).

There are a few cell phone apps which record an artificial horizon, some are easily fooled by combined motion but some are pretty good. On iOS one called SCraMP seems like one of the best, very stable, and written for just this purpose. I believe it is free.

I'd love to see what the average reduction in amplitudes and accelerations

is.
I downloaded the are you suggested and it looks like it will work well.If i set the gopro up to pick up the csrsmp in frame should i look outside or try to get the stabilizer display in frame.Just thinking of what would provide the best info.

The data from SCraMP can be exported. The exported file for say roll could be examined for maximum, or some slightly more complex averages. The best info would be in the same steady sea state, with the stabilizers on and with them off.

Back
Top Bottom