HELP/ADVICE - AFT Sliding Door Binding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wjijr1951

Vessel Name
Billy Boat
Vessel Make
Frontier 2104 Center Console Fishing
I have a "new to me" Bluewater Coastal Cruiser Yacht. The sliding door at the AFT Master Suite is binding. It is still binding even after I lubricated it. I have the same style of sliding door at the main cabin, it opens and closes with ease.

Anyone out there that has had success fixing a similar sliding door issue?

Anyone out there who knows how the rolling mechanism on these marine sliding doors are designed?

Someone on here suggested Teflon buttons on the bottom of my slider - slicker n greased goose snot. If you have rollers I can't help you. Do they have any adjustment like a sliding screen door bottom?

I made a sliding door for a previous boat and made slides out of HDMW plastic. It slid very well and the slides lasted forever. Do you have room in the bottom chanel to make some slides out of plastic? It won’t corrode and so it stays sliding much better.

I have to dig into it a bit more. The sliders are a good idea. Might try that once I know how the bottom of the sliding door is engineered.

Will give that I try. Many Thanks.

If you can make a plastic slide work it should slide very easily. On our current boat we have a large 1/2” thick plexiglass door that is mounted on plastic slides and it works very well. Underway we have to keep the latch in place so it won’t slide closed and open on its own. But you do need room for the slides to fit down into the track.

Someone on here suggested Teflon buttons on the bottom of my slider - slicker n greased goose snot. If you have rollers I can't help you. Do they have any adjustment like a sliding screen door bottom?

I think that was me. MagicSliders from Home Depot. I've had great luck with them for this purpose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom