Can anyone identify this PAR pump model???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Circledog

Hello Guys,
I need to find a rebuild kit for this PAR pump, but I’m not sure the model. Looked all over and couldn’t find any numbers other than the patent numbers. Looked them up, but they were not helpful. I was trying to do this without taking apart yet, as I have read it could be on the underside.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

• 3D0E6E06-3D85-4030-BB84-4ECC565A1B51.jpeg
    3D0E6E06-3D85-4030-BB84-4ECC565A1B51.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 723E8306-CC90-4243-944A-C325E7251B27.jpeg
    723E8306-CC90-4243-944A-C325E7251B27.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 78
  • A7C0440B-1A67-44C3-A8B0-8A9E65501A30.jpeg
    A7C0440B-1A67-44C3-A8B0-8A9E65501A30.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 83
I cannot, but I have a story about a delivery I did up the coast of California in a 60-foot ChrisCraft with four of those things for bilge pumps. They were all mounted on a board in the engine room, and when the boat sprang an undetected leak they all four failed. Luckily an engine room check detected the kneee-deep water level, and I plugged the leak and used a shower pump to dewater. The float switches all worked; and the motors were all turning furiously; but each of the pump sections had failed in a different manner from stripped set screws in one or the other pulley to broken belts and diaphragms. So hopefully yours is for something other than the bilge.

When they were used as FW pumps the propritary pressure sender would fail, some tubing, some solder and the house style switches run "forever".

As FW pumps they must have some sort of accumulator , ir the mass momentum would snap the eccentric.

Some folks loved them as bilge pumps because the could get the bilge water really dry.

Don't have the model number handy , but probably have a couple of pumps , what do you need?

Jabsco bought Par many years ago.

I think you have what is now known as Jabsco # 36600-0000

The parts work in both. I don't have this one but the much smaller units.
Mine are still used as a pressure water pump and a bilge pump but I work them and repair/rebuild them as needed. My B.P. works well as mentioned as a dewatering pump with a Perko screen on the hose because it can remove almost all the water down to a very low level and it, pump, sits well above the water.

If this is your main pressure water pump repair it for now but look around as parts are becoming expensive and harder to come by. At least this is what I have found.
For this reason I am seriously considering the purchase of a Whale bilge pump #320 as a replacement. The one of interest also is supposed to duplicate my old Par for dewatering to a low level.

To be clear this old pump is not the only bilge pump. It just happens to be very suitable for the purpose.

Last edited:
When I bought my boat in 1994, it had one of those for Fresh water. When I was on the third or fourth rebuild (it needed rebuilds frequently), I replaced it with a Jabsco rotary style. That has never needed a moment's attention in over 20 years service. The diaphragm pump still sits on a shelf in my shelter, as a relic of times past.

The repair kit is a Whale Gulper 220 or 320. Less expensive than a rebuild kit, and a better pump.

Sometimes it's better to ditch the old style when something better comes along. Doing which would likewise probably include replacing some hoses. Which is probably also a good idea. Just fixing the pump in-situ might end up ignoring the rest of the system's maintenance needs.

Back
Top Bottom