TF data loss - all posts from yesterday gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Looks like posts from yesterday on TF (and CF) are gone. Wonder what happened????

One of the last posts listed was Miz Trom suggesting that when a thread gets heated, might be a good idea for an author to write in WORD then wait a day before hitting <send> button. Good advice - was expecting a bit more selectivity than platform-wide ;)

Peter

Last edited:
Crickets......

Yeah....... what gives?

I posted on the builders forum about the condition of GB water tanks, exhaust hose, and rudder shaft table.

I'm sure Janet will chime-in sooner or later. Gotta guess it's related to back-up/recovery/restore. Results are binary - ya gotta execute all three steps. Two out of three is a goose-egg.

Peter

We should have just said nothing and left everyone with an overwhelming sense of deja vous as they reposted the lost content.

I lost a post as well on the Electrical Forum.

Jim

It definitely all backed up to yesterday morning point.

Just think of all the wisdom people get to type again :)

Hi Folks - We had a fairly serious server crash and restored the site (and all data) to the last full backup which was a day ago.

This means that any posts, new users, private messages, and email or password changes made in the past 20 hours or so would have been wiped out.

Thanks for your patience and deep apologies for the aggravation :)

As long as there are no hostages, we are good.

I lost a thread asking about a part of a hull. Nothing controversial at all so I don't think it was targeting certain posts.

I lost a thread asking about a part of a hull. Nothing controversial at all so I don't think it was targeting certain posts.

System crashes don’t usually target any specific posts…

See folks, fixed so quickly, I don't think any of us downunder even noticed the event horizon at all. :)

Hi Folks - We had a fairly serious server crash and restored the site (and all data) to the last full backup which was a day ago.

This means that any posts, new users, private messages, and email or password changes made in the past 20 hours or so would have been wiped out.

Thanks for your patience and deep apologies for the aggravation :)

Ok, so other than 25,000 Lady Gaga tickets being given away free in a two minute window, what are the usual causes of a server crash?

Would password changes revert back to previous?

System crashes don’t usually target any specific posts…

No, but data corruption forcing a restore of data backed up from the previous day will loose all the data between the back-up and the corruption event.

Nowadays with virtualized systems, it's easier to back-up and restore the entire server image, rather than just the data itself.

Sometimes it takes a fraction of the time to simply restore from a know good back-up point than spends days trying to find the root of the issue.

Sheesh. I distilled and shared the totality of my boat wisdom here yesterday, and with my short term memory loss, I came back today to remind myself of what it was. Almost a whole paragraph of awesome…up in smoke.

Last edited:
Sheesh. I distilled and shared the totality of my boat wisdom here yesterday, and with my short term memory loss, I came back today to remind myself of what it was. Almost a whole paragraph of awesome…up in smoke.

I saw that - you solved once and for all the question of which anchor was best. Unfortunately I was drinking heavily and forgot your answer.

I saw that post as well! I got it in my daily feed. For a fee, I can provide it to you!:D

Greetings,
Mr. hh. Even worse. With MY short term memory loss I can't remember who offered to include me in his will because I'm such a nice guy. Kind sir. Please re-post. Thanks.

iu

Some great replies here! The replies to my little post from the last 24 hours were not lost; not sure why.

To have lost the answer to the best anchor... that is indeed a tragedy!

Some of my lengthy posts never made it to the “SAVED’ part. I did not worry for it is your loss, not mine.
Come to think of it, my missing messages, will bring on the ‘end of the world’.

Back
Top Bottom