How does Nordhavn headliner work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boating rich

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Oriente
Vessel Make
Back Cove 37
I was spending some ofmy time watching YouTube and noticed on one of the Nordhavn channels that they needed to access the space above the headliner. They just popped it off and then popped it back on. Anyone know how the system works? I have a Sabre and removing the headliner involves lots of screws, squeezing your hand into Narrow spaces and usually results in a cut and some blood.

Do you think system can be retrofitted into tradition plywood/headliner setups?

Pretty sure it's industrial Velcro, based on my extensive watching of MVFreedom's channel.

Pretty sure it's industrial Velcro, based on my extensive watching of MVFreedom's channel.

That’s the most common way they are installed. There are also plastic pegs and receptacles that I think work better. But installation is much harder because the pegs on the headliner needs to line up exactly with the socket/receptacle.

Thanks. It did seem like they were Velcro from my Freedom watching, but that seemed too easy for something that needs to stay in place during pounding crossings.

Velcro

Thanks. It did seem like they were Velcro from my Freedom watching, but that seemed too easy for something that needs to stay in place during pounding crossings.

I was always intrigued with our boats and how most panels never caused us any issues over the years except for that special one. Each of three boats had one panel that just never wanted to stay firmly in place and would hang slightly. The more we played with them (R&R) the worse the problem became. I'll never forget one night when we were sound asleep and had a panel come crashing down in the salon, not something you want to hear at 2am and think the boat was falling apart. There are different types of what I will call velcro including what we had on our last boat consisting of significantly larger and deeper teeth that interlocked. Not sure these were any better than the smaller size since we still had one panel that caused us some trouble.

John T. N4050, N4061, N3522, H38E - Former Owner

Thanks for revealing the magic behind the scenes.

https://youtu.be/DNMxOhv0ly8

I found a YouTube video of folks who service Nordhavn yachts and they show recovering headliners. They are clearly held in place with Velcro. It is nice to see they connect on the flat faced boards running along the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom