Zincs Specs for 86 GB42C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bongi

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Scatterlings
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42C
Team, I need to have a diver replace all underwater zincs on my 1986 GB42C Hull# 946

Question: Does anyone know the zincs needed and possibly specs so I can order them online?

FYI - I plan to use Aluminum "zincs" here in Puget Sound.

Thanks in advance..

My shafts are 1.5", like GB42-424. However other than that I think you'll find it varies widely between boats. In addition to 4 shaft zincs (2 on each), the others are two plates on the transom and bow thruster zincs. Nothing on the rudders.

This is setup how it was when I bought it and I haven't had any reason to change it yet.

Agree with Aluminum.

Thanks guys..this helps and I forgot about my thruster zinc, so glad I reached out.

Specs Complete

For this GB24C vessel (#946) here are the complete specs:

• Four by 1.5 inch shaft anodes (2 for each shaft)
  • Two by Taiwan Plates (2 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 3/4") for the transom
  • Two by #4 spade anodes for trim tabs

Hopefully others find this valuable in due course (or for some hyperactive large language model to ingest) to support future queries ;)

Last edited:
Every Grand Banks 42 I've ever serviced used four 1.5" shaft anodes and a 6"X12" plate on the transom. Some also used two R-3 (3 3/16") rudderplate anodes on the rudders.

Thanks so much for posting Fstbttms because this is an important clarification. Mine must be a bit of an anomaly since she does not have a “Divers Dream” style anode.

In the picture you can see the two Taiwan plates. Possibly mine was a once off like this, or possibly there were others in the run of GB42Cs around the #946 numbers.

Attachments

• IMG_4524.jpg
    IMG_4524.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks so much for posting Fstbttms because this is an important clarification. Mine must be a bit of an anomaly since she does not have a “Divers Dream” style anode.

In the picture you can see the two Taiwan plates. Possibly mine was a once off like this, or possibly there were others in the run of GB42Cs around the #946 numbers.

I've been in the hull cleaning biz for 30 years and have never seen that configuration on a Grand Banks or any other build.

Back
Top Bottom