Mainship Pilot 34 Upgrades - V-berth storage access hatches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JFisher

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Freedom
Vessel Make
2001 Mainship Pilot 34
We learned that ease of access to limited storage was just as important as having the space. Having to continually remove bedding, lift the berth cushions and the underlying storage access panels beneath to retrieve items was a pain. So we decided to install these access hatches below... need to bend down to get into the storage, but at least we no longer have to disrupt bedding, pull up berth cushions, and remove access panels to retrieve most items stored in these large spaces.

vbsh1.jpg

vbsh2.jpg

vbsh3.jpg

vbsh4.jpg

Any storage is great even if it is difficult to get to. Just put spare parts, etc under there. Stuff that you don’t use very often. Keep up the great work.

We learned that ease of access to limited storage was just as important as having the space.[/IMG]
Nicely done and I can learn from your projects! :thumb:

Along those same lines of creating hatches for storage, I have been running a lot of wire & cable the past two years and fighting the wire routes from the ER to the flybridge. The last tech finally convinced me to add some hatches (He painted them brown) to make wire runs much easier. :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom