The Bleuvet is at home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou_tribal

Guru
Vessel Name
Bleuvet
Vessel Make
Custom Built
I just got my boat delivered to my home, she now stands in my garden.
I got my arch cut to my specifications so to be able to truck it. I will make it removable this will be practical.
Now the serious rehab work needs to start!

L

Hey Lou:

What are you planning to fix/repair/update?

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

No boating this summer?

When I age out of my 36 foot Albin I hope to get a trailerable boat which will fit in my pole barn. How nice it will be to be able to work on it in my own yard.

On the other hand, last time I had a trailerable boat I ended up keeping it at a marina because it got used so much more when it was already in the water.

pete

I have had the yard bring our boat to the house and block it in the driveway so I can work on it. Don’t need to modify anything to get it here since our utilities are underground. Sure is nice having it home to work on it.

Well a bit of everything in fact:
Exterior:
Need to change forward portholes and repair some minor fiberglass around them.
Need to redo windshield caulking and frames as well as side windows.
Same for aft windows.
I want to replace the side sliding door with a nicer one (plan to make one with mahogany).
Redo all windows external frames with mahogany.
Redo flybridge dashboard.
Make the arch removable with cable connections.
Replace anchor light.
Move or remove flybridge speakers and use bluetooth wireless ones.
Install wifi booster on the arch.
Redo some parts of the aft deck stainless rails (some dings).
Make a support for my portable generator on the swim platform.
And some other things I forgot.

Interior:
Remove all carpet everywhere and replace with wood floors and wood/cork/paint on walls.
Revisit interior lighting
Finish my custom cooler in the forward bunk.
Refinish forward bench with mahogany.
Rebuilt the table that goes in the same place.
Rebuilt some cabinet doors (guess what, with mahogany).
Redo the dashboard.
Redo some (all?) electrical wiring (the previous owner did some exotic things).
Remove one bench in the "saloon" and replace it with a piece of furniture that will integrate a second fridge.
Make some drawers under aft cabin bunk and restore the remaining.
Redo toilet and black water plumbing.
Replace fuel hoses (filling and vent).
Repaint head.

Elecrical/mechanic
Install new battery bank that is waiting for too long
Change engine belt
Clean engine room
Replace some wiring
Check/replace all hoses.
Check hydraulics and repair/redo what needs to be.

And so on...

The list makes my head hurts :D

L

When I age out of my 36 foot Albin I hope to get a trailerable boat which will fit in my pole barn. How nice it will be to be able to work on it in my own yard.

On the other hand, last time I had a trailerable boat I ended up keeping it at a marina because it got used so much more when it was already in the water.

pete
I witnessed today that mine is trailerable, but needs a bigger truck than I have lol

L

I have had the yard bring our boat to the house and block it in the driveway so I can work on it. Don’t need to modify anything to get it here since our utilities are underground. Sure is nice having it home to work on it.
Indeed I was fedup with the back and forth to the marina and always missing something home etc not effective at all.
Now the neighbors are not as happy as I am lol.
They did not seem to like the idea to see my boat in my garden for the full summer and clearly expressed it.

L

They can bring mine to our house on the travel lift. They use a 1 ton pickup and a hydraulic trailer for boats up to about 35/36’. Then they use the travel lift for the larger boats. I used to move boats cross country with a 1 ton Ford dually diesel. The largest I moved with it was a 38’.

They can bring mine to our house on the travel lift. They use a 1 ton pickup and a hydraulic trailer for boats up to about 35/36’. Then they use the travel lift for the larger boats. I used to move boats cross country with a 1 ton Ford dually diesel. The largest I moved with it was a 38’.
In my case no sure what was the transporter truck type but pretty big. His trailer was good for up to 50 feet boats.
Mine is slightly oversize on the beam so he needed to have flashing lights front and rear.

L

Back
Top Bottom