Seawater Washdown System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Old School
Vessel Make
38' Trawler custom built by Hike Metal Products
Planning to build a washdown system for the anchor. I have the pump and there’s an unused hookup in the sea chest. What I need to find is some kind of stainless quick connect for outside hose that I can run a hose to forward of the pilot house thru the port side. Also looking for ideas, dos and don’ts, etc. Thanks

Can you run the pump discharge through the boat to the anchor pulpit? Then mount standard garden hose connection.

Here's the quick disconnect that I use for anchor washdown.

Jabsco Flush Mount Hose Adapter
Part # 31911-0002

Personally, I put in a stainless hose fitting up at the bow. I just leave the hose attached, coiled and hung from a rail, so no quick connect needed.

8E0052BD-3A58-4ECE-B6C1-F27F65FAB4CE.jpg

No hose necessary

I have a salt water system similar to fresh. A mainline runs the length of the boat at the top of the bilge. Hose connections at bow, stern & amidships. It also supplies my watermaker.

Can you run the pump discharge through the boat to the anchor pulpit? Then mount standard garden hose connection.

Yes, sea chest is midship below pilot house floor, then run hose to forward cabin closet and out the side. Want to be able to quick connect at this point.

If you are going to use it a lot, the industrial quality quick disconnects from Parker are hard to beat. That's what Hatteras used for shore water input and optional wash downs. My boat didn't have washdowns when I got it, so I put one on the bow for each of fresh and salt water wash downs, and one on the aft deck for fresh which was very handy for a number of reasons, especially for misting down the boat at anchor after a salty passage, and washing the boat in general so as not to have to drag a hose up from the dock.

You can get them from SAM's Marine, or a Parker dealer can order them for you at likely a better price. All different configurations, we used garden hose. You order the male and female separately.

Sam 's Marine Inventory

If you are going to use it a lot, the industrial quality quick disconnects from Parker are hard to beat. That's what Hatteras used for shore water input and optional wash downs. My boat didn't have washdowns when I got it, so I put one on the bow for each of fresh and salt water wash downs, and one on the aft deck for fresh which was very handy for a number of reasons, especially for misting down the boat at anchor after a salty passage, and washing the boat in general so as not to have to drag a hose up from the dock.

You can get them from SAM's Marine, or a Parker dealer can order them for you at likely a better price. All different configurations, we used garden hose. You order the male and female separately.

Thanks for that info, industrial quality is what I want for disconnects. Garden hose from Lowes will work from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom