Old Salt82

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just when I thought my boating days were over I found another that I really couldn’t pass up. I located a 1972 Laguna that was built specifically for the owner of Grand Banks. I will be moving it to North Florida in a few weeks. As I go through the box of paperwork that was left aboard I will share it here.

Radar

I am installing a Furuno 1st Watch Radar this weekend on my new to me Laguna. Anyone have any recommendations about the unit?

Radar

I am installing a Furuno 1st Watch Radar this weekend on my new to me Laguna. Anyone have any recommendations about the unit?
I installed one of those units and was very disappointed with its performance. Vessels had to be closer than 3/4 of a mile to show up. I sent the unit back to Furuno thinking there was something wrong with it and they returned it saying there’s nothing wrong with it. I very much regret selecting it. The wireless concept is good, but the ability to pick out targets is really bad. Ymmv

Welcome. Following with interest.
Good question! I always assumed it was 30 gal but your question made me look through some of the old paperwork from the PO. On the brochure page it does say 40 gal. At one time I quickly measured it dimensionally and came up with 30. I will have to go back and re-measure!

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom