New Member with questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sigridian82

This is Sigridian here and I joined the Forum approximately a year back but have not been active due to other priorities. We're not currently Trawler owners yet but have decided at our age (70s) a Chaparral 250 (27' LOA ) is not ideal for us for overnight cruising. Finally we are looking at Trawlers where hopefully we will not have to reconfigure/convert the boat or to crawl on our hands and knees to go to bed. I've had 50+ years of boating experience, including multiple week cruising trips, but mostly in boats smaller than our current Chaparral.
So far we have looked at (web searched) Ocean Alexander 40s, DeFever 40 and 44s and have admired the Selene 36 for quite some time. I have the Inside Passage from Seattle to Alaska on my bucket list and is why I'm looking at the tried and true sea going Trawlers. Would welcome feedback from owners of these Trawlers about their experiences with their boats and potential experiences we could have navigating the Inside passage. Would also appreciate feed back from owners of single engine trawlers and whether or not there have been times when they have felt it would have been nice to have twin engines.
The Defever 44 appears to be a lot of boat compared to the considerably younger Selene 36s and I also welcome opinions regarding the pros and cons of these boats.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Ian

Last edited:
Any of the mentioned boats would be a good choice but there is significant difference between a Selene 36 and a Defever 44. Almost apples to oranges, better do more research and get on a few boats.

pete

In its size range, the Selene 36 is on of the best boats for your stated purpose.

David

Back
Top Bottom