Liability Insurance at BC Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptJoe360

Vessel Name
Hykwa
Vessel Make
Independence 45
Does anyone know of a listing that shows which BC marinas are requiring $2-3M liability for transient moorage? This has gotten WAY out of hand.

This doesn't seem right. Auto and aircraft insurance limits are very low due to the difference in the way liability is dealt with in Mexican courts. But like anything else in Mexico, anything is possible.

Does anyone know of a listing that shows which BC marinas are requiring $2-3M liability for transient moorage? This has gotten WAY out of hand.
Not sure what post 2 is about as BC is some distance from Mexico.

Now @CaptJoe360 I know of no list, nor have I heard at my marina if there is such a requirement for visiting boats. I suggest you ask your insurance agent who should know and who should then suggest you need more insurance.

Baja California vs. British Columbia

Unremarkable. Usual marina requirement here is 10M.

Sorry, BRITISH COLUMBIA. Never cruised in Mexico. The requirement is definitely been invoked at some BC marinas. I've read some about it, but it's not required by law, and I sure can't figure out the business case for making your marina LESS attractive to boaters! Still, it would be nice to know before you make plans on spending the night somewhere, when the next closest port is 3-4 hours away.

his doesn't seem right. Auto and aircraft insurance limits are very low due to the difference in the way liability is dealt with in Mexican courts. But like anything else in Mexico, anything is possible.
LOL, sorry guys, I was reading a lot about BC, Baja Calif and my mind just went to Mexico not PNW. My bad!

Back
Top Bottom