Fuel sender for wing tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liambennett

Veteran Member
Hi all,
I’m looking for a solution to fit fuel gauges in our boat.
It’s steel with integral wing tanks. Other than the filler no access from the top.
I can get access through the inspection panels in the engine room.
Was hoping for a sender that can be incorporated into a NMEA 2000 network.

Do you have slight glass for each tank?

If you can tap into the draw side on the bottom of the tank use a pressure transducer (0-3 I believe) and Maretron FPM100. This is by far the most accurate way to measure in my opinion. I wasted a bunch of money on other solutions until I moved to this approach. In the Maretron setup you can then set high and low pressure values. Note you need a way of programming the Maretron FPM module.

Thanks very much, looks like a good option. Do you display the data on your chart plotter ?
How did you program the transducer ?

Once you setup the Maretron fpm100 (the box will take several pressure transducers) you can set what you want that channel to output and it will use standard n2k sentences for tank level, customizable across black, drinking, grey, fuel and custom (if memory serves me right). Any plotter or whatever that can read and display n2k sentences will then be able to show it. You just need to match the type of tank and instance ID you used.
Maretron works fantastic but you do need one of the display units they sell or a gateway and pc running their config software to correctly configure.

Back
Top Bottom