Amazons rival to Starlink launches 1st satellites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bezos has his own rockets, but Starlink has a head start with 5000 satellites up there. Will Amazon try to sell on price? A little competition wouldn't be bad for Elon and us Starlink users.

Agree, his product is great but he needs some competition. Clocked the fastest speed I have ever seen today. With maritime/priority data.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26
I think that competition is a great thing, and, I believe that Amazon/Bezos is likely to be more stable and better managed. Just my opinion!
Regards,
Scott

But as I think Musk has even said it on the record...... I don't think Blue Origin has reached orbit. Their heavy lift hasn't launched yet and had been delayed to 2024.

Space X pretty much stands alone in the entire world with India the nearest competitor in some respects as far as I can tell.

I wonder if Musk would allow Bezos to use his launch service for the Amazon birds?

If not, wouldn't it be ironic that Amazon is the one being investigated for anti-competitive practices?

I'm not really rooting for either of these guys, but competition is a good thing.

Agree, his product is great but he needs some competition. Clocked the fastest speed I have ever seen today. With maritime/priority data.

But what do you do with it that requires that much speed?

I am back on cell data for a while getting no more than 20mbps
Still fast enough to stream video
Do WhatsApp video calls etc

Competition??? Locally in the neighborhood of the highest gas prices in north america, w ehave seen a price drop of some 25 cents per litre. Every brand has the same price going up or down.

So please do not think Stralink and Amazon are going to compete to our benefit. Brand preference will provide customers to both as it does now with all the gas station brands.

Back
Top Bottom