Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
Perhaps, but you can only re-mark the dipstick correctly if it's a new engine or you have some other way of being sure all the oil (and sludge) is out. After that, it's nothing but a guess.

My owners manual says to add oil until the level is between the two marks on the dipstick so that's what I do. I don't burn any and there are over 3K hours on the engine. The specifications state the allowable tilt from horizontal and I assume it's installed within these specifications.

To get to the "full" mark on the dipstick takes less than the stated capacity by a quart or two. I'm assuming that I'm not getting all the old oil out. No matter, I'll be mixing fresh oil and draining it in 100 hours anyway.
What kind of engine do you have?

Did you read the paragraph out of the Lehman manual that discusses the the remarking of the dipstick?

Have you heard what the Lehman owners have been saying of their REAL LIFE experience that coincides with the Lehman manual AND the guy who was the vice-president in Ford responsible for Lehman engines and now owns one of the major support companies for the Lehman engine?
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote