Looking for this exact model snubber.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Traderjoe

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lele Wai
Vessel Make
1980 Chun Wah

Anyone know where I can buy it?

Aloha and Mahalo!
Joe

You might get better response by copying the picture and posting it here. Not everyone is on Facebook, and some of us never will be. :)

For reference, here's the pic of the snubber in question from the link above:

30133-albums1200-picture7413.jpg

Last edited:
You might get better response by copying the picture and posting it here. Not everyone is on Facebook, and some of us never will be. :)

Amen!

Rob

I don't like gimmicks. Nylon line will be fine for a snubber. There is plenty of stretch.

I never will be!

I don't like gimmicks. Nylon line will be fine for a snubber. There is plenty of stretch.

I agree. Turns out that a properly sized dockline serves dual purpose as a snubber and eliminates a single-purpose device aboard. Does require a proper knot such as an Icicle Hitch (simple Rolling Hitch is not satisfactory). Here's a good BoatUS diagram of hitches.

Also note that using a chain hook has two potential issues: First, unless protected by a thimble, the rope-hook connection is a weak point. Second, due to point-load, a chain hook will actually reduce the strength of the chain.

There's a lot of reason to learn a few knots....

Peter

As I walk around marinas that get enough surge to entice owners to use snubbers, I see failed snubbers. There are better solutions.

As I walk around marinas that get enough surge to entice owners to use snubbers, I see failed snubbers. There are better solutions.

Dealing with surge on docks is a different animal due to persistence over time versus relatively short duration of anchored.

Pier 39 in San Francisco gets a fair amount of surge. Common there is a loop of chain to the cleat on the dock. Chain loop goes through a scooter tire. From there, another loop of chain that goes through a steel thimble on the end of the dockline. Scooter tires need to be replaced every 2-3 years.

Peter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom