Hilton Head Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Osprey69

Vessel Name
Rogue
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 49 MY
We will be headed there next and wondered if anyone has suggestions as to anchorages and marinas.

Happy thanksgiving!

Skull Creek marina on the north end of the island is nice and is probably a bit cheaper than on the other side of the island. There is also a decent anchorage just outside of it.

There are other marinas on the west side of the island on Broad Creek, also with a good anchorage.

Check out https://activecaptain.garmin.com for more details.

David

Bull Creek 2 Mile Marker 565

This is the anchorage up around the corner to port. Anchor half way between the corner and where the river necks down on the South shore.

Ted

Just north of HHI is Beaufort, with 2 Safe Harbor marinas ( technically one is in Port Royal )

I prefer Beaufort over HHI, but I'm biased.

Shelter Cove Marina is my suggestion.

We are partial to Harbour Town, having just purchased a slip there. You will have access to Sea Pines, golf, restaurants and the Beach Club. Also Harbour Town Yacht Club.

Windmill Harbour is good if you want a locked Harbour and the SC Yacht Club is there.

It really depends on what you are looking for in a marina. All listed before my post are good marinas. Safe harbors with minimal currents are Windmill Harbour ( locked ) and Shelter Cove Marina. The staff at both are excellent. If you are looking for bars, restaurants and a lot of activity, Shelter Cove is the place. We are at Windmill Harbour, home of the SC Yacht Association. It is very peaceful and the dinning is excellent.

It really depends on what you are looking for in a marina. All listed before my post are good marinas. Safe harbors with minimal currents are Windmill Harbour ( locked ) and Shelter Cove Marina. The staff at both are excellent. If you are looking for bars, restaurants and a lot of activity, Shelter Cove is the place. We are at Windmill Harbour, home of the SC Yacht Association. It is very peaceful and the dinning is excellent.

This is the best answer. Why are you going to Hilton Head? Sightseeing and shopping, Dining? Or just a stop for the night on the way to somewhere else?

Am sure OP already thought of this, but when I was looking into staying at Hilton Head, various marina's were pretty shallow, enough that some straight up said you will be sitting in mud during low tide. Some were fine, no issues, so its not a one size fits all, but certainly worth asking about, our depth is 5ft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom