Old 02-26-2021, 12:43 AM   #1

City: Coventry
Searching for Universal Marine Hampton Bay

Hi all, Iím new to TF and learning a lot from everyone here... itís a great resource. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a mid-80ís Universal Marine Hampton Bay 39. Due to the timing, itís turning out to be a rather long process. But thatís giving me time I wouldnít normally have to understand what weíre potentially getting into. We had a dry survey in November, as the boat was already on the hard, and will have a sea trial in April. Then itís decision time.

Iím not having any luck searching for ďUniversal Marine Hampton BayĒ as each of these words is popular on its own and the search seems to return any posts containing any one of the words. Is there a way to search on the whole string?

Iím interested in learning more about these boats and hoping there is at least one ďknowledgeable historianĒ out there who can lend some insight on their origin and construction.

Thanks in advance!
CTSteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:18 AM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Welcome to TF. Good luck in your search. I'm sure someone will hit jackpot for you.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #3
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:48 AM   #4

City: Port Hope
"Universal Marine Hampton Bay boats" in Google brings up Yachtworld listings. At the bottom of the ads is some narrative about these boats. Not too much there but a starting point.
John R M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #5

City: Coventry
Thanks guys!

The third link you provided John pretty much says it all. Everybody under the sun was building trawlers in Taiwan back in those days so there’s no telling who built a particular boat. An in-depth survey and close inspection will be the key.
CTSteveO is offline   Reply With Quote