New Dutch guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marino

Vessel Name
Ushuaia
Vessel Make
Altena Blue Water Trawler 58
Hi all, I am Marijn (friends always call me Marino) from the Netherlands. I have Dutch Trawler, an Altena blue water Trawler 58 from 2002, which I own since 2020. We have refitted it when we bought it, renewed the teak deck and changed some technical stuff to more modern standards. Hope to find some new insights and fellow trawler enthusiasts. Haven't had the time to read a lot so far here, but will make up for that the coming weeks!

Marino

Welcome, Marino. Congratulations on owning your Altena, one of the many fine yards in the Netherlands building beautiful sturdy yachts. I have been to many yards in Holland and continue to scratch my head decade after decade as to why we Americans can't duplicate your successes.

Please post, and post with pride :)

Thx Judy! We have some fine yards with excellent building skills overhere, that's true!
But most people here like to enjoy the inland waters more, so the trawlers are in the minority. It is a little bit more difficult to find berths for these kinda boats here in holland some times, that's why i am located in Rotterdam (bigger harbours).

Welcome Marino and congratulations on your fine vessel. I have admired the Altena vessels from afar.
I agree with Judy's assessment of the Dutch boat builders. I own or have owned a pair of fine examples. The blue hulled KLEE WYCK pictured here is a Peter Bildsnijder design built in a Nethship yard and the Nordzee Kotter LIBRA was built by Van Wezel. Walking docks in the Netherlands is a real treat.
Tell us more about yours and include some pictures please when you are able.

Attachments

• Klee Wyck.jpg
    Klee Wyck.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Morning commute.jpg
    Morning commute.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 17
Thank you all for your warm welcome, much appreciated!
I haven't mastered inserting images here yet, but pics will be coming soon.
My boat has a flybridge (offcourse), 3 bedrooms + 2 baths, a large salon, and all the other usual stuff. 2 John Deere engines 175 hp (1200 hours) 1450 gall. fuel capacity, 58 feet, 51.000 kgs in weight.

I love the designs of Peter Bildsnijder by the way!

Now that enough time has passed since the Netherlands defeated the USA in the second round of the last World Cup, I can enthusiastically say welcome aboard, Marino! ;)

I hope I did this right:

the first 3 pics!

(And LOL @Moonfish)

Attachments

• boot1.jpg
    boot1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 19
  • boot2.jpg
    boot2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 18
  • boot3.jpg
    boot3.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
and 2 more:

Attachments

• boot5.jpg
    boot5.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 16
  • boot6 motor.jpg
    boot6 motor.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 15
Great pics Marino, so you pick things up very quickly. Some find posting pics on TF somewhat challenging initially. That is a very nice vessel indeed. In fact it looks like a small ship in many ways. :thumb:

Thx Peter, the help threat about posting pics made sense [emoji28]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom