Old 03-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #21
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
Wished I had taken a video but our phones and lunch was on the floor somewhere
Was that before or after you had eaten your lunch?
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #22
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCan View Post
Was that before or after you had eaten your lunch?
Hope not. Sounds like a fun delivery voyage.
Broken Bay, after exiting Pittwater, opens to the Pacific ocean to the east. Any swell penetrates strongly, further than Juno Point. Broken Bay can be nasty, we`ve had, are still having, strong easterly weather. Blowing the oysters of the rocks earlier today.
I heard, from an RMYC member (not Andy) the original owners of Barrenjoey were the Paxton family,well known for camera and photography stores in Sydney.
Barrenjoey is a great looking boat in good order. Hope to meet up cruising.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:36 AM   #23

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Liberty
Vessel Model: 57 foot Halvorsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Hope not. Sounds like a fun delivery voyage.
Broken Bay, after exiting Pittwater, opens to the Pacific ocean to the east. Any swell penetrates strongly, further than Juno Point. Broken Bay can be nasty, we`ve had, are still having, strong easterly weather. Blowing the oysters of the rocks earlier today.
I heard, from an RMYC member (not Andy) the original owners of Barrenjoey were the Paxton family,well known for camera and photography stores in Sydney.
Barrenjoey is a great looking boat in good order. Hope to meet up cruising.
Hi Bruce,

I did not put 2 and 2 together , but Paxtons have a 46 or 47 now,I think it is a Sea Ranger ? Called Barrenjoey.Not certain on the breed thou.
Nice looking boat , have spotted it on a mooring at KMYC recently .

Yes weather has certainly been ordinary , we spent the weekend out on Pittwater , anchored overnight at Towlers with a constant 20 plus knots last night, with gusts close to 30 ........... Put out 45 metres of chain in 6 metres of water just to be confident of a good nights sleep. Waterfall at Lovett's bay was pumping away. Came back this afternoon and the sun comes out, and winds settle down. !!!!! Typical .

Cheers Chris D
Liberty2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #24
Guru

City: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: Flora
Vessel Model: Timber southern cray boat
Guys,here is my 2 cents worth. I have been with Club M for over 20 years now and 2 reasonable claims under my belt. Both were dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Recently I was going to change as some insurers were cheaper and in this climate that is usually good.
I am now boat based in Mackay and a couple of months ago the yacht next door, one of those french units and probably about 10/15 years old, started to sink, I was there and put in my emergency 240 V sump pump to pump her out before the marina management got down to take over. This was early morning and the owner was away.
Anyhow the boat had recently been insured with P and had had a survey to comply I assume. The end result was the owner was knocked back on his claim completely as it was a hose joiner on his toilet system that failed and was deamed old and worn( what constitutes this) gee I am old and worn.

Anyhow after this result I stayed with Club. Better the little more expensive devil you know than the unknown one with the good offer. It takes many years of $500.00/year savings to save up for a total or partial loss.
Cheers
Benn
Some days I just can't help myself John and just appear. A bit bored sitting at anchor on a rig tender up near Barrow Island
Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #25

City: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidahapah View Post
Some days I just can't help myself John and just appear. A bit bored sitting at anchor on a rig tender up near Barrow Island
Old 04-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #26

City: Surfers Paradise
My boat is in hamilton island marina and is insured with club marine. I know of two boats near mine with two other companies.
Now Debbie is passed and assessors and repairers arrive on the island next Monday it won't be long and we can compare claims experience. Very few if any boats have no damage.
Maybe a few weeks before I can report experiences but I'll try.
Hamo
Hamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #27
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Great reminder as to so many more important factors in selecting an insurer than low premiums.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote