Amber indicator lenses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOWNTIME

Vessel Name
DOWNTIME
Vessel Make
Gb 46 Classic
Has anyone ever had cause to replace the lenses on the engine warning / bilge pump alarms in the panel that was standard on 1990 vintage Grand Banks trawlers (of all sizes, I believe)? If so I would really like to know where you were able to obtain replacements as I have been unsuccessful to date. Two of mine have cracked and more or less disintegrated. The problem seems to be that these lenses are screw on caps and most, if not, all of the units are totally sealed and usually way too large to fit the existing hole.
It has also occurred to me that someone else might have run into the same problem and chosen to replace the whole assembly. In this case they may still have the old one, complete with lenses sitting in a shore locker.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In our 1987 President the stop push button stuck on. I searched long and hard for a replacement. It no longer is available. I had to go to a horn push button. It doesn’t match but it was the best I could do.

Look at aircraft "press to test" lights.. May not match but very usefull.

I replaced all of the amber lenses on my FB engine panels a few years ago. The wheelhouse panels use gauges. Bought them at the Volvo Store. As noted here before, Volvo parts are very expensive: maybe $5 for the lot.
Try you engine mfg.

Check the Grand Banks forum for a discussion on this exact subject, with good ideas.
Oldersalt

Back
Top Bottom