Water Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a water leak in our 41' President. It only appears when we have a prolonged rain. It leaks into our master stateroom ABOVE one of our port holes. We have taken a garden hose and literally drenched everything higher than that port hole on the outside and we simply cannot get it to leak. Does anyone have advice on how to find the origin of the leak? This is a fiberglas boat but has teak floors above the stateroom.

We had a similar leak in our last boat, a President 41. It was coming from around the base of the sideboards above the teak decks. I caulked them and the leak went away as far as I know. We sold the boat so I am not sure if it ever leaked anymore or not.

I don’t know the President 41 very well, but I want to mention that leaks can travel a long distance.

Ken

I dont know the make / model at all but a common source of leaks above porthole level is the rubrail/ hull to deck joint.
Some apply caulk at top as a temp fix but to really get permanent results it means removing rub rail and fixing the root cause... often unfilled screw holes, separation of the joint, etc
See hull / deck joint repair. https://dkloeber.wixsite.com/bacchus/project-pg-4

Back
Top Bottom