Cargo Boom gooseneck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j11av

Vessel Make
'83 CHB 34
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows if these 2 piece goosenecks for cargo booms (that connect to the mast) are available anywhere. Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• Gooseneck.jpg
    Gooseneck.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 19
is that mast wood ? mine is a larger cast piece to spread the load and hold the pins for the flags .a marine salvage may have one. what diameter do you need ?

OR one could be made by a decent fabricator. A suitable size and wall thickness aluminum tube or pipe, weld on the bolt ears and away you go. Some of these guys can roll the arc to match if tube or pipe is not wanted. In aluminum there will be many shops, especially marine fabr.

If you want bronze there are fabricators of that also.

You may have to ask around where you are especially of any sailing gear fabricators/installers.
Of course this will depend upon where you are.

Years ago I had modifications to existing equipment and new stuff made by a local boat builder of aluminum boats. Try approaching one of them.

Tacoma, you should have several shops of the type needed.

Last edited:
I'd need to check exact diameter of the mast, it is wood.

Derrick Heel Gooseneck, got it, thank much.

The goosenecks come in 2 pieces per ring, held together by a bolt and nut on 2 sides. the top gooseneck had one side undone and the one half of the upper gooseneck is lost.

Martin Marine in North Vancouver. He's probably got n.o.s.

Martin Marine in North Vancouver. He's probably got n.o.s.

Alas, Martin has moved, thrown out all the unmoving old stock, maybe under new management(?). Not the place it once was, where the odd ball stuff was always available.

Likewise, Wright Mariner. I was there a couple of weeks ago looking for the oddball item. Virtually empty as they transitioned to new ownership. Promises that they could get what I needed, but I am not optimistic they will be there for us much longer.

The past couple of years, I have found Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo to be able to find the odd items or to send you where you would find them. When others fail, try them.

Last edited:
VINTAGE CAST BRONZE MAST/BOOM ASSEMBLY 5" DIA W/GOOSENECK 3/BELAYING PIN SOCKETS

Sorry but my technical abilities this morning were not up to providing you a direct link to the above Ebay item so you will have to run the search yourself.

Might be what you are looking for.

Hard to tell from the PIX but if all you need is the half of the top strap that could be fabricated by a local machine shop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom