What were you thinking!?!??!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boathealer

Guru
Vessel Name
--
Vessel Make
Between boats
Would somebody please remind me [AGAIN] never to anchor within 50 miles of Miami on a Saturday night?

SHEESH!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Not sure I even know what language the lyrics are in, but surely somebody 2 miles away would be able to tell me.....

Last edited:
Wifey B: Sounds like a jammin time to me, fun, fun, fun. :D

Expand your horizons, learn to appreciate other music. :rofl:

Would somebody please remind me [AGAIN] never to anchor within 50 miles of Miami on a Saturday night?

Not sure I even know what language the lyrics are in, but surely somebody 2 miles away would be able to tell me.....

I feel your pain. My hearing isn't the best anymore. So it really annoys me when there noise is louder than my music at a quarter mile distance from me. :banghead:

Ted

Anchored off Elliot Key a few years back...heard music pretty loud, thought someone anchored close by.

Nope, at least a mile away probably further as I could just barely see the people through 7x50s.

Learn to like others music? I can do that on Spodify when I want to, not a relatively peaceful anchorage when I wish at best to barely hear my own music.

Last edited:
Todd R said:
Gloria Estefan's Conga

(I very seldom wish I were 20-something again and back in college, but boy that video sure brings me back.)

Anchored off Angelfish Creek tonight. What a difference a day makes!!!!!

No Name Harbor has done been rurnt by that. I'd rather anchor outside it and be waked by sport fishers heading out all morning than listen to that stuff.

What someone from B.C. was running their genny after 8 pm???

Yes I an kidding. LOL

I've a ten-gage, black powder noise/signal cannon. Something to retaliate. Not needed, yet to counter other noise makers..

Last edited:
No Name Harbor has done been rurnt by that. I'd rather anchor outside it and be waked by sport fishers heading out all morning than listen to that stuff.

Yeah, last couple of times I was there, there was a big yacht that would tie up to the wall and turn the music and outside speakers on, then leave the boat. Could be heard by anyone within 1/2 mile all afternoon long (at least).

Lawd gramps, you sound like the guy who lives on the golf course complaining about all the golf balls landing in his yard. Try the decaf.

Lawd gramps, you sound like the guy who lives on the golf course complaining about all the golf balls landing in his yard. Try the decaf.

Not even close......

"Those darn whippersnappers playing the devil's music all night...it's too loud!"

"Those darn whippersnappers playing the devil's music all night...it's too loud!"
I am sure that those "whippersnappers" would not be "happy campers" if some "old fart" anchored next to them and LOUDLY played Lawrence Welk polkas all night long either.:dance:
I think what is most important is a bit of CONSIDERATION of others!!!!!!!
It has little to do with what music (type) is being played, just the lack of consideration or COMMON COURTESY. :thumb:
For some, it is all about them (as in their small mind they are the only one's who count).:facepalm:

Typical of youth not to get with the program.

Typical of every generation....then they may or may not learn manners.

Sigh....That's the point of the young, loud and obnoxious music: To be rebellious, to have no phuks to give, and obnoxiously stake your place in "today's" society....not yesterday's...not polite society and certainly not an elderly society. It'll be a sad day when our youth trades reckless abandon for considerate assimilation.

I am sure that those "whippersnappers" would not be "happy campers" if some "old fart" anchored next to them and LOUDLY played Lawrence Welk polkas all night long either.:dance:
I think what is most important is a bit of CONSIDERATION of others!!!!!!!
It has little to do with what music (type) is being played, just the lack of consideration or COMMON COURTESY. :thumb:
For some, it is all about them (as in their small mind they are the only one's who count).:facepalm:

I had dreams about idling right up to the anchored boat at 06:00 when I left ---- when they were surely fast asleep after partying at full volume until 2AM --- and just LAYING on the 130dB airhorn into their salon for a few minutes. "That's *my* music....." LOL.

Sigh....That's the point of the young, loud and obnoxious music: To be rebellious, to have no phuks to give, and obnoxiously stake your place in "today's" society....not yesterday's...not polite society and certainly not an elderly society. It'll be a sad day when our youth trades reckless abandon for considerate assimilation.

More misguided advice....

I am not spouting forth "the man's perception of polite society"...study the worlds different cultures on how to get along.... many are thousands of years old.

Rebelling can take many forms rather than just "pissing off" the neighbors relaxation....possibly why headphones were invented.

Exactly...bitching about how the young conduct themselves ain't "getting along"...but I have no doubt it's a cross-cultural thing among the elderly.

GH hulls are about 2" thick, but you're right...noise cancelling ear buds do exist.

Exactly...bitching about how the young conduct themselves ain't "getting along"...but I have no doubt it's a cross-cultural thing among the elderly.
It goes well beyond that...but I can see I am wasting my time....

Known people with the "I don't give a shi*" attitude my whole life of all ages....karma is great.

I'm not condoning nor advocating the inconsiderate blaring of music all night, but I understand it. Babies cry, kids throw temper tantrums and young folks party...and the old folks shake their heads in dismay. That's life.

Babies crying and things like that are understandable, but maybe not pleasant for those not involved.
I have been woken up at 5 AM because some "old folks" wanted to get an early start (getting away early is not the issue). Sometimes they crash and bash compartment lids and doors, yell back and forth at each other, and in general make no effort to minimize the noise or "upset" they are creating for the other nearby boaters. IMHO, simply rude and self centred. Much like the music example earlier.
Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if everyone was completely self centred!!
Oh, I guess that would be OK with you, you may even like it :)
Boathealer, I understand your thoughts on the air horn, but the other boaters who were already negatively affected by the rude partiers (having fun is not the issue, but having no concern for others is) who also "suffer".

This is like talking to SIRI.

I'm all for letting folk enjoy life BUT outside speakers are a non-no, if someone anchored and started playing Crap music I'd be inclined to lift out my Accuracy International with IR scope and fix the outside speakers.
Purely in the interest of peace.

Boathealer, I understand your thoughts on the air horn, but the other boaters who were already negatively affected by the rude partiers (having fun is not the issue, but having no concern for others is) who also "suffer".

That's why it was just a dream. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom