Two Cheoy Lee 46's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonfish

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Traveler
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
Had to post a couple photos, since we don't see Cheoy Lee 46's together too often. Mark and Penny aboard MV Island Sunset moored across from us in Port Ludlow yesterday. I went out in the dinghy to take a "two-fer". Then as they left this morning, snapped another image.

Mark and I LOVE the CL46. It's a fantastic design, and a great cruising platform. We both agree with the old saying that the CL46 is "the largest production boat ever built under 50 feet"! And from the images you can probably see why we find their boat such an inspiration. Island Sunset is definitely a 10 in our view.

We spoke with a fellow who just purchased a CL46 on the Columbia River that is very much a project boat. A HUGE project. But he got it for a song, and he knows what he's up against.

We also informally created a loose-knit Cheoy Lee 46 Owners Group. Maybe it was the wine that influenced us, but we thought it was a fun idea! There are now 3 boats in the group. So if anyone else out there owns one of these venerable long range cruisers, or knows of one, let us know.

Attachments

• IMG_8100.jpg
    IMG_8100.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8103.jpg
    IMG_8103.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 83
That is a fine looking ship.

Greetings,
Mr. M. Another CL 46' here. I've spoken with Mark on several occasions. Ours is in FLL and will be for sale as soon as I can get to her (COVID lockdown).

Back
Top Bottom