Stop leak or wait and fix aftermath?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt Dan

Vessel Name
Willie Dawes
Vessel Make
Newburyport 37
So, I have a leaky upper deck. I know it leaks And why, and how to fix it, and it is definitely leaking worse and worse, and causing other problems. I’ve thought a little about fixing it, but can’t seem to bring myself to do the work.

The good news is that, even though it will likely cost about ten times as much, And probably ruin at least a year’s worth of cruising, I do know a little about repairing wet, rotten cabin side cores, decks, interior veneer, etc, and more and more good products are coming out everyday to help fix my wet, rotten boat.

And also, sometime soon, maybe November, or maybe within a year or so, I will be covering my boat. It will admittedly be kind of a rush job, when I do get around to it, and it may or may not be a watertight cover.

I do know that due to it being a rush job, I probably won’t trust it at all. It may be such a poor cover that it may blow off and damage my boat further, as well as others nearby.

Can anyone give me any advice. I need to make a decision before November 3rd.

Dan

PS, Can anyone give me a good reason why when driving on the highway at night, that I should dim my headlights for oncoming traffic?

I don’t see anything in it for me!

So, I have a leaky upper deck. I know it leaks And why, and how to fix it.

I do know that due to it being a rush job, I probably won’t trust it at all. It may be such a poor cover that it may blow off and damage my boat further, as well as others nearby.

mmmmh !

I really don’t know how to respond to “I don’t see anything in it for me”. So I will not respond about repairing your boat.

The longer you wait, the bigger the problem. More wet core and ruined interior.
It's your boat, do what you think is best.

Back
Top Bottom