Seapiper 35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hgd

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
KIWI
Vessel Make
Seapiper35
There seems to be a lot of discussions about the Seapiper 35. Since I am an owner of hull #5 which I received in August 2019 I thought my input might be of interest. The boat was delivered to Marco Island where I did the initial commissioning and then sailed to Naples where I continued adding the necessary accessories which I felt important for a cruising boat. This I did while waiting for Covid - 19 to blow over(which it hasn't). But in the interim we were able to take trips to the Keys as well as the west coast of Florida. I have created a blog outlining what I have done to the boat to make it a comfortable cruiser, http://www.mvkiwi.com, which might be of value if you have interest in the boat.

What has been your experience with vibration and noise?

Nice advertisement. Now, care to share why you came here to advertise for them?

Welcome aboard, and a very nice write up with good photos on your blog :thumb: :thumb:

I've admired the design, and would admire it more if it had a more conventional house. The large center cockpit might be great in the Caribbean, but not very useful at all in the PNW. I'd like to see them offer a variation with the forward cabin enlarged, the pilothouse moved forward to join it, and a larger salon/galley in back. If they did that, I'd have a hard time not ordering one.

BTW, I didn't take it as an advertisement and appreciate the posting.

I’d rather it stayed the same.

For a light boat having the wheelhouse fwd is great for visibility but not good in sizable seas. And the open midships cockpit would be lots of fun for deck activities and would be shaded from wind from fwd or aft.

The poor visibility at the helm I don’t like though.

The extensive customization suggests they leave the factory ready to be finished according to the buyer`s wishes. Or, they are a tad incomplete, leaving it to the buyer, and the first cost is by no means the last.
It looks way better in the blog pic than other designer/sales pics TF has hitherto provided. Having to add Seakeeper was a big step, expensive, space occupying, and a long term power user, usually only seen in bigger less utilitarian boats.
I hope your Seapiper brings you many years of enjoyable boating.

Welcome to the forum Herman. Sorry for the attack on your first post. Nice write up on your blog.

John

Vibration hardly noticeable; sound I think is quite low but that is subjective. Maybe this will work, you can carry on a normal conversation at the helm without raising your voice.

It's not an advertisement, their was a lot of discussion about the boat on the forum by a lot of people but no one who was an owner. I thought an owners perspective would be useful. Since you now know an owner and you are interested, ask away!

Welcome to the forum Herman. Sorry for the attack on your first post. Nice write up on your blog.

John
I was wondering what happened to my original blog. I thought maybe I put it in the wrong place? You reference an attack, what happened?

I’d rather it stayed the same.

For a light boat having the wheelhouse fwd is great for visibility but not good in sizable seas. And the open midships cockpit would be lots of fun for deck activities and would be shaded from wind from fwd or aft.

The poor visibility at the helm I don’t like though.

Not suggesting they discontinue their current offering. Just that they should consider offering an option for a different deck and arrangement. I like the concept of the hull design, power, and particularly the trailerability and flat rack shipping prospects. The deck and arrangement limits it to hardy individuals or warm climates though. I can imagine moving it coast to coast or even trans Atlantic to explore more widely. Wheelhouse doesn't need to be forward, amidships would be about right - least motion there.

I thought it was great, sure better than listening to you two know-it-alls drone about any topic that comes across this board, every post dripping with arrogance and "wherever you're going I've been and whatever you're doing, I've done".

Or maybe I just really like advertising.

I've always liked it. I'm fine with the configuration. The aft cabin needs some softening. Bigger ports maybe. The pilothouse and aft cabin are just a bit too slab sided.

Finished to a higher standard than I had envisioned at a decent price point.

Thanks for the post.

I thought it was great, sure better than listening to you two know-it-alls drone about any topic that comes across this board, every post dripping with arrogance and "wherever you're going I've been and whatever you're doing, I've done".

Or maybe I just really like advertising.

Maybe you do. Didn't say it was bad advertising, just his first and only post and very much the nature of an advertisement for the boat.

I'm sorry we offend you and you find sharing information to be arrogant. Someone asks about a place we've been and we share. We've gotten a lot of thanks from many and we've gotten a lot of hate from others like you. That's life. We're here for pleasure and to assist others, not to win a popularity contest. We post on topics of which we have knowledge and don't post in those that we have nothing to contribute on. As to Seapiper, I've posted praise for the company.

If our posts do annoy you so, feel free to put us on ignore, but we will continue to post where we feel we have something to contribute. We're fully aware there are members here who wish we weren't and resent us for various reasons, some we feel are reasonable, some we feel are unfair, but all we are comfortable living with. We're just like you in that there are members here we love to read and admire and respect greatly and others we personally don't like.

Have a good day. We're now home from the office and ready to enjoy dinner with our "family."

Pretty much everyone is proud of their boat. I am proud of my American Tug and will tell you all the wonderful strong points of my boat. YET, no one says I am advertising.
He listed his blog and invited folks to read it.
Please cut the guy some slack.

Pretty much everyone is proud of their boat. I am proud of my American Tug and will tell you all the wonderful strong points of my boat. YET, no one says I am advertising.

I posted 14 words. Don't make more out of them than they are. Sorry, it reads like an advertisement. Could be from a company, or, in this case a very proud owner. Hopefully everyone here is proud of their boat. We are, but we haven't written a blog like that one. Advertisement isn't a bad thing either. We advertise regularly in our businesses.

If our posts do annoy you so, feel free to put us on ignore, but we will continue to post where we feel we have something to contribute.
We post on topics of which we have knowledge and don't post in those that we have nothing to contribute on.

I think you would have had less push back if your first post in this thread contributed anything or exhibited any knowledge. It did not.

Amen!

Thanks everyone!

I am sure no harm was meant!

Me-thinks people have been cooped up too much.

hgd appears to have some Internet forum experience...or is naturally unflappable!

*NOTE* The following is a personal observation and not laser targeted towards any one individual

There seem to be four kinds of boat owners, who prioritize different things:

...the 100' group (because, obviously, the size of your boat matters)

...those who like to be surrounded by lush, roomy opulence,

...those who like to fish, and,

...those who see their boat as a means to get somewhere interesting, so you can do stuff there.

It's my guess that Seapiper is a slam-dunk direct hit for that last group.

Reactions: GT6
As I recall, the first couple of Seapiper35 had a real problem with flooding in the cockpit. This was overcome by raising the floor of the cockpit. Many modifications to the interior have been made to the Seapiper35 since the first couple of hulls. They listened to owners and potential owners, making improvements where possible and practical.
SMILE Everything he added takes away from storage, a problem I have on my AT34 too. We can only do so much with a boat of this length.
If I had a longer AT, I'm sure I would have storage problems too. I have a nice storeroom for all the stuff that wont fit from my N46. LOL It took some redesigning of the N46 fwd stateroom to cure the storage problem I had too.
When I bought the AT34 I had added 5 additional cabinets and a huge under berth storage. Basically, I solved the storage problem with the glaring failure of the small hanging locker. When I talked with the builder about this, his suggestion was to buy a bigger AT. I laughed at that suggestion. I figure I will have to give up boating in 3 more years, when I turn 80.
So we see, no matter what brand, what length, what engine size, what # and size of batteries and and and, we will always find something that could be improved. Realize, many people wish they had our "complaints". We all have nice boats equipped and modified for our comfort.
We all hope the next owner will appreciate our modifications. SMILE

Last edited:
...those who see their boat as a means to get somewhere interesting, so you can do stuff there.

First time I saw the sandpiper I was thinking good boat to transport toys. Or use for diving. Modify the centre cockpit, install a crane. E-bikes or e-motorcycle.

But then again, I eye the aluminum landing crafts around here with envy.

First time I saw the sandpiper I was thinking good boat to transport toys. Or use for diving. Modify the centre cockpit, install a crane. E-bikes or e-motorcycle.

But then again, I eye the aluminum landing crafts around here with envy.

They are pretty cool...I imagine a sunroom, lawn chairs, and fake palm trees in the forward area :thumb:

We have a pilothouse with a narrow, uncomfortable, spelunking grade maneuver required to access the forward deck. Try that with an expensive camera and long lens in one hand.

The centre section of the Seapiper would give quick access to both sides of the boat and back to the helm. I'd seriously consider what hgd has done for rainy season photography.

As I recall, the first couple of Seapiper35 had a real problem with flooding in the cockpit. This was overcome by raising the floor of the cockpit. Many modifications to the interior have been made to the Seapiper35 since the first couple of hulls. They listened to owners and potential owners, making improvements where possible and practical.

I don't recall that with the Seapiper. I do with the TT 35 from Mirage. Are you sure Seapiper had such an issue too?

I don't recall that with the Seapiper. I do with the TT 35 from Mirage. Are you sure Seapiper had such an issue too?

Ah ha, you are totally correct. Sorry.

Maybe you do. Didn't say it was bad advertising, just his first and only post and very much the nature of an advertisement for the boat.

I'm sorry we offend you and you find sharing information to be arrogant. Someone asks about a place we've been and we share. We've gotten a lot of thanks from many and we've gotten a lot of hate from others like you. That's life. We're here for pleasure and to assist others, not to win a popularity contest. We post on topics of which we have knowledge and don't post in those that we have nothing to contribute on. As to Seapiper, I've posted praise for the company.

If our posts do annoy you so, feel free to put us on ignore, but we will continue to post where we feel we have something to contribute. We're fully aware there are members here who wish we weren't and resent us for various reasons, some we feel are reasonable, some we feel are unfair, but all we are comfortable living with. We're just like you in that there are members here we love to read and admire and respect greatly and others we personally don't like.

Have a good day. We're now home from the office and ready to enjoy dinner with our "family."

Funny you mention that, you've been on ignore for months! What an increase in my experience here, I suggest everyone put you two on ignore.
I had to show your post to figure out who attacked the O.P. for sharing and tada, of course it was you.

SMILE Everything he added takes away from storage, a problem I have on my AT34 too. We can only do so much with a boat of this length.
If I had a longer AT, I'm sure I would have storage problems too. I have a nice storeroom for all the stuff that wont fit from my N46. LOL It took some redesigning of the N46 fwd stateroom to cure the storage problem I had too.
When I bought the AT34 I had added 5 additional cabinets and a huge under berth storage. Basically, I solved the storage problem with the glaring failure of the small hanging locker. When I talked with the builder about this, his suggestion was to buy a bigger AT. I laughed at that suggestion. I figure I will have to give up boating in 3 more years, when I turn 80.
So we see, no matter what brand, what length, what engine size, what # and size of batteries and and and, we will always find something that could be improved. Realize, many people wish they had our "complaints". We all have nice boats equipped and modified for our comfort.
We all hope the next owner will appreciate our modifications. SMILE
OldDan you are mistaken, the Seapiper never changed their molds for cockpit problems or any other customer issues, to my recollection. I have been following them since 2015. The only change in the first five boats was to remove the three drain holes at cockpit level in the hull on each side of the boat and shorten the height of the doors in the cockpit to allow for draining there instead. This was done to simplify construction. In turn they put a flapper check valves there to prevent water from coming in.
In newer boats they have combined the three molds that made up the top side into one, again to simplify construction.
By the way Old Dan, you aren't old your a mere kid!!

Me-thinks people have been cooped up too much.

hgd appears to have some Internet forum experience...or is naturally unflappable!

*NOTE* The following is a personal observation and not laser targeted towards any one individual

There seem to be four kinds of boat owners, who prioritize different things:

...the 100' group (because, obviously, the size of your boat matters)

...those who like to be surrounded by lush, roomy opulence,

...those who like to fish, and,

Having spent sea time on the 100' group I can only but agree, size matters and in a thrilling fashion.

OldDan you are mistaken, the Seapiper never changed their molds for cockpit problems or any other customer issues, to my recollection. I have been following them since 2015. The only change in the first five boats was to remove the three drain holes at cockpit level in the hull on each side of the boat and shorten the height of the doors in the cockpit to allow for draining there instead. This was done to simplify construction. In turn they put a flapper check valves there to prevent water from coming in.
In newer boats they have combined the three molds that made up the top side into one, again to simplify construction.
By the way Old Dan, you aren't old your a mere kid!!

Yes, I admitted my mistake. A memory failure.

I put flapper doors on my N46 scuppers.

If I live to be 81 years old, I will beat the family record of 80.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom