reclining loveseat recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Takoradi

Vessel Name
The Janie C
Vessel Make
Uniflite 42
I have a 62" space in my Uniflite 42 main cabin that I'd like to fill with a reclining loveseat. Does anyone have any brand recommendations? I was ordering a LazyBoy when I discovered it would block the ER hatch! Looking for comfort as much as durability. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tak

Lookup "zero clearance" couch , recliner what ever you want.

These are created for boats and RV , so function well , and come apart to fit thru narrow doors.. No need to remove windshield to install.

The units are built differently from house recliners as the recline does not require (much,, a couple of inches) room behind the unit to function. They also are built to bolt in place.

Ad·https://www.wayfair.com/recliners/free-shipping

At Your Doorstep Faster Than Ever. Fast & Free Shipping On Orders Over $35! Up to 70% Off Top Selling Brands. Fast & Free Shipping On Orders Over $35! Shop our Huge Selection.

RecPro Charles Collection - Free Shipping Everyday

Ad·https://www.recpro.com/

(574) 848-0405

Designed And Engineered For RVs. Comfort At An Affordable Price. Free Shipping Everyday.

Zero Wall Recliner - Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com › Zero-Wall-Recliner › k=Zer...

Results 1 - 16 of 189 — Amazon.com: Zero Wall Recliner. ... RecPro Charles Collection | 30" Zero Wall RV Recliner | Wall ... wall hugger recliners on clearance.

Last edited:
I lived aboard a 1975 uniflite 42 acmy for a few years in the early 1990s so I know the space you're trying to fill. No way to fit a recliner there as I recall - I ended up building a settee into the space between the stairs from the sundeck to the port side of the saloon. I built a plywood box shallow enough to allow engine room access. Them a plywood seat with a nice trim piece across the front edge. Only the front of the box and the trim piece are visible and need to match. Knowing what I now know, I'd find nice cushions first and size the seat bottom to fit. Restoration Hardware carries nice quality outdoor replacement cushions that are often in their clearance bin of their website. It's not a perfect solution, but workable and looks better than a giant recliner. Also provided decent storage.

Peter

Last edited:
Takoradi, we went through this about 18 months ago. We are not fans of built in furniture, and the space we were trying to fill was also about loveseat size. I was looking for brands that said the back would remove as FF mentions above. They are out there, but it really seemed to limit choices. My wife then said any brand would come apart -- after all, the back and seat are different pieces and surely we could figure out how to take them apart and put them back together. So, we bought one we liked and fit our space that is not built to come apart. She was right -- they all come apart easily. My point is I would not limit your search to those that say the backs come off to fit through narrow spaces. You will likely have no problem taking the back off any reclining loveseat, get it in your salon, and put it back together. Ours was 4 bolts and a few staples where the fabric wraps around the bottom on the back -- maybe a 10 minute operation.

Stressless makes THE most comfortable recliners IMO and others.
They are not inexpensive but top quality and very comfortable.
They do have several love seats and their stuff comes in different sizes.
I believe there are at least a few in that size if interested.

If I remember correctly, the issue is maintaining access to the ER hatches. There is access into the ER from the stairs down to the galley-down, so may not be a big deal. But for any service, would need to figure out where to move the loveseat.

I know a lot of people say they hate built-in furniture. Given how poorly built-in furniture is normally sized, I understand their disdain. Boat builders seem clueless on how to correctly proportion furniture. Seating is always too shallow front-to-back. An effort make the boat look bigger I suppose.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom