Raymarine real vision 3d

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
Not the best of photos,but small school of mackerel under the boat today,finished up a crazy busy week being hauled out,and got the old goat launched today,also what radar settings do you guys usually run at for range,today was my first day messing with my new radar

Attachments

• A6DEDC88-002A-4028-B240-2CCFEE0BFC8A.jpg
    A6DEDC88-002A-4028-B240-2CCFEE0BFC8A.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 9
Radar range depends on where you are and how congested it is. We are usually at about 3 miles give or take. In fog we slow down and zoom in more.

Agree with Comodave. Depends on where you are. Running coastal out to 20 nms or so, I typically run 6nm range but offset to show about 9-10 nm ahead. I'll ocassionally scan further out. I don't cross oceans - if I did, I'd run at 12 nm or so.

Inland, really depends. Narrow channel marked by private ATONs, might be 1.0 nms or tighter (I forget how much zoom is available) . In a wider waterway such as a river or ICW, 3nm sounds about right. I almost always run offset to show more ahead than behind. I know, it's your eyes in back of head, but let's face it, overtaking vessels are bottom of food chain and are obliged to give way.

Good luck. Good to hear Broadbill is afloat again.

Peter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom