Piss Platform?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopCar

Guru
Vessel Name
Possum
Vessel Make
Ellis 28
This photo just showed up in my email. It was part of a promotion for a strange ugly boat from Power and Motor Yacht. I can only think of one use for that platform the guy is standing on.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 76
So ya think the boat is too big to have a poling platform?

If so, yeah.... poling platform, pi**in platform...all, good. :D

So ya think the boat is too big to have a poling platform?

If so, yeah.... poling platform, pi**in platform...all, good. :D

Oh ya, too big to pole. Sacs Rebel 47.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 45
Ever heard of diving?

Just a thought, although I don't see an easy way out of the water.

Ever heard of diving?

Just a thought, although I don't see an easy way out of the water.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I bet that’s what the builder says it’s for. But wouldn’t you piss off it?

My thought was med mooring to a tall wall? Walk up the stairs to the platform and then off the boat. Would make sense if it's a European boat. Otherwise diving board is the next most likely in my mind.

Looks like that platform could easily, if geared correctly, lower into the water and be a great landing to step up to the swim platform. The way it is mounted appears that a 270° range of movement possible.

LOL must be for young men. Old men are more comfortable sitting.
I doubt if I could even hit the ocean.

Looks like that platform could easily, if geared correctly, lower into the water and be a great landing to step up to the swim platform. The way it is mounted appears that a 270° range of movement possible.

That's exactly what I saw - and think.

I can't think of a reason other than diving (or pissing) off of it in the upright position, but if it does have a 270° range of movement, it would make a nice set of stairs back to the swim platform.

I'm also guessing the teak grate covers the area where they're stored when not in use.

It's a platform meant to be lowered to at or below the water level and make it easier to get out of the water for divers or others with gear to land. And by the time most people can afford a flashy new boat, they're old geezers like me and like an easy way out of the water.

This photo just showed up in my email. It was part of a promotion for a strange ugly boat from Power and Motor Yacht. I can only think of one use for that platform the guy is standing on.
Gotta laugh, your title just screams it. The internet is somewhat devoid of conveying emotion but your title captures perfectly your disdain for what you see as being totally ridiculous before you typed one word.

I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but, it looks like a cast platform usually found on a bass boat.

Last edited:
I'm sure if we asked a teen-ager that grew up around boats what it is, I would get a much more exacting answer. As a teen, I was much more sure of everything about boats than I am as a Gerry.

I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but, it looks like a cast platform usually found on a bass boat.

It’s a 47 foot boat! There are no rod holders. Don’t think it’s fishing related.

It's a platform meant to be lowered to at or below the water level and make it easier to get out of the water for divers or others with gear to land. And by the time most people can afford a flashy new boat, they're old geezers like me and like an easy way out of the water.

by rslifkin
My thought was med mooring to a tall wall? Walk up the stairs to the platform and then off the boat.

Now that we've seen it faired to the swim platform underway, I think you are both right; probably adjustable for height of dock. Pretty cool device, I think.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom