Merry Christmas to all my TF Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this unfreezed water is really off season, really not xmas mood :D

L

Praise Helios!

[emoji848]

The Sunsets and sunrises on the water are very hard to beat where ever they be! And your right, 85 degrees and gorgeous sky views do tend to make it not seem like the holiday season.

Thanks Al, for starting a nice thread!

Cheers all!

Thanks FW and Merry Christmas to you,
I hope 2021 is the year of the WA trip, that cheese I have been holding for you is well aged now.

Thanks FW and Merry Christmas to you,
I hope 2021 is the year of the WA trip, that cheese I have been holding for you is well aged now.

:lol: Me, too!! Unfortunately, those IPAs I was saving for you are long gone!!! I promise to restock for the trip!

I'm counting on that cheese when I finally get there, Bill!!

Merry Christmas to you too., FW.

And to all of you.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Best of a NEW and wonderful Year of 2021 and anything else you might want or need.

Through this year this site has kept me sane (somewhat) and focused.

Instead of anything else I have spent good time doing tasks, adding stuff on the boat and just sitting in the slip and drinking champagne some days

Hoping 2021 is better for all of us in whatever ways we need or deserve.

Tim

Wishing everyone easy shovelling this year.

Attachments

• DSCF0787.jpg
    DSCF0787.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
Merry Christmas!!!

Let hope 2021 sees the boarders open and gatherings for happy hours with friends and family.:thumb:

Nope...two houses up our street. Photo taken out of our (second floor) living room window. Good thing I love snow :thumb: :thumb:

Good grief. And here I am complaining about netting all the leaves out of my pool from our latest “cold front”.

48 degrees and a 17mph north wind! Brrrrrrrrr. It even blew off one of my chair cushions! ?

IMG_0166.jpg

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays to all and thanks for supporting TF year round. This remains a great forum to learn from others and share experiences.

John T.

Good grief. And here I am complaining about netting all the leaves out of my pool from our latest “cold front”.

48 degrees and a 17mph north wind! Brrrrrrrrr. It even blew off one of my chair cushions! ?

View attachment 111813

Egad...the HORROR!.

Grit your teeth, channel your inner Cro-Magnon, and get out there to laugh in the face of the elements! That cushion may flip into the pool!!!!!!!!

Egad...the HORROR!.

Grit your teeth, channel your inner Cro-Magnon, and get out there to laugh in the face of the elements! That cushion may flip into the pool!!!!!!!!

Hell no! I’m not going out there again until it warms up past 60 degrees. My hands are still frozen from holding the metal pole on the leaf net for crying out loud.

I’m hunkered down, absorbing the warmth from my chemical firelog. ❄️ [emoji51]
63051542864__82D671B4-222C-4499-98CE-E8B568AE3850.jpg

Have a good one all, stay safe and have fun

Hell no! I’m not going out there again until it warms up past 60 degrees. My hands are still frozen from holding the metal pole on the leaf net for crying out loud.

I’m hunkered down, absorbing the warmth from my chemical firelog. ❄️ [emoji51]
View attachment 111821

Truth be told...I'm kinda following your lead on this.

Since retiring, I get up, peek outside to see if it snowed, have a coffee, walk the dog, shovel if the driveway needs it, come inside, relax for while, have lunch, shovel again if I have to, maybe have a nap, peek outside to see if snowed some more when I wake up, shovel if I have to, relax for a while, maybe split some firewood, have dinner, relax for a while, then maybe shovel again before bed.

We were supposed to get 2 feet today, but it was a swing and a miss with only 6 inches on the ground.

Sometimes projects inject themselves into my relaxing time. Only a couple months into this retirement thing :thumb:

Last edited:

View attachment 111813

I feel your pain, Bill! I actually had to don work gloves because my pool pole was so cold! I might have to postpone work this until I can find a jacket! Fortunately, I stowed and secured my cushions before the storm.

Murray,

I’m looking forward to following your retirement activities. I need some motivation to get off my a$$ and do something productive/fun.

Buncha wusses; scared of a little cold so you sit around taking pictures of your feet.

I feel your pain, Bill! I actually had to don work gloves because my pool pole was so cold! I might have to postpone work this until I can find a jacket! Fortunately, I stowed and secured my cushions before the storm.

Life is hard! [emoji57]

Murray,

I’m looking forward to following your retirement activities. I need some motivation to get off my a$$ and do something productive/fun.

My wife always wanted a workshop, so we built a 10x12 insulated woodworking shop in the backyard this summer. She (with minor assistance from me) built & sold a bunch of 'mountain shelves' this last month. Paying for itself already :thumb:

I've been getting to know our Epson P600 printer. Just received some Piezography K7 ink prints from a pro printer today, and me-thinks the P600 prints are better with deeper blacks, which came as a big surprise.

The new year will see the darkroom finished, then I'll take a whirl at platinum toned/hand coated Kallitype's...that should keep me busy for a good 6 months, at least.

Then...(drum roll)...I make my choice of which printing process works best for my photography and start working towards website sales and/or gallery representation.

Or...I'll have a nap.

Think of myself as epochisodic (my word) rather than periodically lazy :D

Dare to Dream!

Last edited:
Happy holidays from Cartagena, Spain

Attachments

• 2020-12-24a.jpg
    2020-12-24a.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 16
Merry Christmas to my TF friends.

May you all be blessed with a joyful, loving, and peaceful celebration this Christmas. PXL_20201207_005545294.NIGHT.jpeg

Merry xmas to you all!
Special thought for those who cannot visit family in these strange times or are alone.
Best wishes to you all.

L

Back
Top Bottom